Subject: [storm] Help: RDDP (iWARP) registry draft author needed

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 5 Oct 2011 19:53:00 -0400

We've hit a last-minute issue with the MPA draft, and need someone
to write another draft.

The RDDP error codes are spread over multiple documents, and with
the MPA draft (and the RDMAP extensions draft), we are also now
spreading operation codes for individual protocol elements over
multiple documents/drafts.

We need to establish a set of IANA registries to record all of these
codes, and the MPA draft will not be approved by the IESG until a
draft that creates and populates these registries is sent to the IESG.
IMHO, this is a reasonable position, and in 20/20 hindsight, this is
partly my responsibility for letting this slide back when I was the
RDDP WG chair.

We have an urgent need for someone to write the Internet-Draft to
establish and populate these registries.  This is mostly a copy/paste
exercise to pull all the definitions from the existing RFCs into one
place plus add some instructions to IANA on what each registry entry
needs to contain and how to add entries (publish a standards-track RFC).

The draft author needs to be familiar with the RDDP (iWARP) protocols
in order to correctly describe what the various codes do.

This is an opportunity for the proverbial "15 minutes of fame."  It would
be ideal to get this done this month - the final draft cutoff for the
Taipei meetings is October 31st, and having that registry draft in WG
Last Call by then would be an aggressive (but achievable) goal.

Who would like to volunteer (hint: before Tom and I start twisting
some arms behind the scenes)?? 

Thanks,
--David (storm WG chair)
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------