Subject: [storm] Another security change: DH group size

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2011 10:52:45 -0400

RFC 3723 recommends a DH group size of 1024 bits in some cases.
This needs to change to the following (new text for the iSCSI
consolidated draft):

  When DH groups are used, a DH group of at least 2048 bits SHOULD
  be offered as a part of all proposals to create IPsec Security
  Associations to protect iSCSI traffic.

One of the more important reasons for this is NIST Publication
800-131A that mandates 2048 bit DH size after 2013.  I don't think
we need to cite that NIST publication, though.

I think this is the last one ...

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mallikarjun Chadalapaka <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2011 15:46:56 -0700

Sounds good.  I will try to publish the updated draft in the next couple of
days.   Thanks.

Mallikarjun

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Tuesday, October 25, 2011 7:53 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [storm] Another security change: DH group size

RFC 3723 recommends a DH group size of 1024 bits in some cases.
This needs to change to the following (new text for the iSCSI consolidated
draft):

One of the more important reasons for this is NIST Publication 800-131A that
mandates 2048 bit DH size after 2013.  I don't think we need to cite that
NIST publication, though.

Thanks,
--David

_______________________________________________
storm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/storm

---

From: Mallikarjun Chadalapaka <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 09:53:57 -0700

The candidate draft with the security text is now published:

http://www.chadalapaka.com/Documents/candidate-draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-cons-0
4.pdf 

Please let me know of any feedback at the earliest.  Thanks.

Mallikarjun

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
Mallikarjun Chadalapaka
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2011 3:47 PM
To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
Subject: Re: [storm] Another security change: DH group size

Mallikarjun

-----Original Message-----

Thanks,
--David