Subject: [storm] Protocol Action: 'IANA Registries for the RDDP (Remote Direct Data Placement) Protocols' to Proposed Standard (draft-ietf-storm-rddp-registries-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 2012 10:41:35 -0800

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'IANA Registries for the RDDP (Remote Direct Data Placement) Protocols'
  (draft-ietf-storm-rddp-registries-02.txt) as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the STORage Maintenance Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are David Harrington and Wesley Eddy.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-rddp-registries/

Technical Summary

The original RFCs that specified the RDDP protocol suite did not
create IANA registries for RDDP error codes, operation codes and
function codes. Extensions to the RDDP protocols now require
these registries to be created. This memo creates the RDDP
registries, populates them with values defined in the original
RDDP RFCs, and provides RFC5226 guidance to IANA for future assignment
of code points within these registries.

Working Group Summary

AD Review of draft-ietf-storm-mpa-peer-connect raised a concern that multiple 
documents defined error codes and operations codes, and this might be better 
in a registry. WG consensus was that a registry wasn't needed yet and could be 
put off until additional RDDP work was done. Gen-Art review and subsequent 
IESG discusses forced their hand. This document creates the recommended 
registry, and draft-ietf-storm-mpa-peer-connect-09 has been modified to refer 
to these registries.

Document Quality

There are multiple implementations of the RDDP protocols to
which these new registries apply.

Personnel

   Document Shepherd: David L. Black ([email-masked]) 
   Responsible Area Director: David Harrington