Subject: [storm] iSCSI Consolidated draft - IANA considerations text

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 11:48:53 -0500

I just discovered that the iSCSI Consolidated draft is missing the IANA Considerations
text to register the value 1 for iSCSIProtocolLevel.  The following text should get
the job done:

--------------------

RFC Editor Note: Add the following text to the end of Section 14. IANA Considerations

   IANA is requested to add the following entry to the "iSCSI Protocol
   Level" registry created by Section 9 of [iSCSI-SAM]:

      Assigned value: 1
      RFC Reference: [RFCyyyy]

   RFC Editor: Please replace yyyy in the above reference with the RFC number
   assigned to this document and remove this note.

   Expert Review of this assignment has been performed by David Black in
   his role as the T10 Liaison to IETF.  The value 1 is part of the initial
   contents of this registry; for that reason, IANA is instructed to assign
   the value 1 as indicated above and apply the sequential assignment policy
   for this registry (as specified in [iSCSI-SAM]) to future assignments,
   starting with the value 3.

--------------------

I've written this text as an RFC Editor Note, in the unlikely event that a new
version of the iSCSI consolidated draft is not required :-).  My expectation is
that a new version will be required, and so the next version should incorporate
this text.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

---

From: Mallikarjun Chadalapaka <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 3 Feb 2012 12:25:13 -0800

Thanks David, that sounds like a plan.

Mallikarjun

-----Original Message-----
From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
[email-masked]
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 8:49 AM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [storm] iSCSI Consolidated draft - IANA considerations text

I just discovered that the iSCSI Consolidated draft is missing the IANA
Considerations text to register the value 1 for iSCSIProtocolLevel.  The
following text should get the job done:

--------------------

RFC Editor Note: Add the following text to the end of Section 14. IANA
Considerations

      Assigned value: 1
      RFC Reference: [RFCyyyy]

   RFC Editor: Please replace yyyy in the above reference with the RFC
number
   assigned to this document and remove this note.

--------------------

I've written this text as an RFC Editor Note, in the unlikely event that a
new version of the iSCSI consolidated draft is not required :-).  My
expectation is that a new version will be required, and so the next version
should incorporate this text.

Thanks,
--David

_______________________________________________
storm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/storm