Subject: [storm] RFC 6581 on Enhanced Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) Connection Establishment

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2012 14:12:59 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6581

        Title:      Enhanced Remote Direct Memory Access 
                    (RDMA) Connection Establishment 
        Author:     A. Kanevsky, Ed.,
                    C. Bestler, Ed.,
                    R. Sharp, S. Wise
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2012
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 57766
        Updates:    RFC5043, RFC5044

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-storm-mpa-peer-connect-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6581.txt

This document updates RFC 5043 and RFC 5044 by extending Marker
Protocol Data Unit (PDU) Aligned Framing (MPA) negotiation for Remote
Direct Memory Access (RDMA) connection establishment.  The first
enhancement extends RFC 5044, enabling peer-to-peer connection
establishment over MPA / Transmission Control Protocol (TCP).  The
second enhancement extends both RFC 5043 and RFC 5044, by providing
an option for standardized exchange of RDMA-layer connection
configuration.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the STORage Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC