Subject: [storm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-cons-06.txt> (iSCSI Protocol (Consolidated)) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2012 14:18:50 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the STORage Maintenance WG (storm)
to consider the following document:
- 'iSCSI Protocol (Consolidated)'
  <draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-cons-06.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-08-13. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Please note the concurrent Last Call for draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-sam, as both
drafts should be reviewed together.

Abstract

  This document describes a transport protocol for SCSI that works
  on top of TCP. The iSCSI protocol aims to be fully compliant with
  the standardized SCSI Architecture Model (SAM-2). RFC 3720
  defined the original iSCSI protocol. RFC 3721 discusses iSCSI
  Naming examples and discovery techniques. Subsequently, RFC 3980
  added an additional naming format to iSCSI protocol. RFC 4850
  followed up by adding a new public extension key to iSCSI. RFC
  5048 offered a number of clarifications and a few improvements and
  corrections to the original iSCSI protocol.

  This document obsoletes RFCs 3720, 3980, 4850 and 5048 by
  consolidating them into a single document and making additional
  updates to the consolidated specification. This document also
  updates RFC 3721 and RFC 3723. The text in this document thus
  supersedes the text in all the noted RFCs wherever there is a
  difference in semantics.

This last call explicitly identifies these downrefs in the normative references
of this document:
     [EUI] "Guidelines for 64-bit Global Identifier (EUI-64)",
       http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui/tutorials/EUI64.html

     [FC-FS] INCITS 373-2003, Fibre Channel Framing and Signaling
       Interface (FC-FS).

     [OUI] "IEEE OUI and Company_Id Assignments",
       http://standards.ieee.org/regauth/oui

    [SAM2] T10/1157-D, SCSI Architecture Model - 2 (SAM-2).

     [SAM3] T10/1561-D, SCSI Architecture Model - 3 (SAM-3).

     [SAM4] T10/1683-D, SCSI Architecture Model - 4 (SAM-4).

     [SBC2] NCITS.405-205, SCSI Block Commands - 2 (SBC-2).

     [SPC3] T10/1416-D, SCSI Primary Commands-3.

     [UML]   ISO/IEC 19501, Unified Modeling Language
       Specification Version 1.4.2.

     [UNICODE] Unicode Standard Annex #15, "Unicode Normalization
       Forms", http://www.unicode.org/unicode/reports/tr15

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-cons/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-cons/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 25 Jul 2012 18:24:05 -0400

A number of the documents referenced by this draft are T10 (SCSI) and T11 (FC)
standards that are access-restricted to members of those organizations unless
a copy is purchased - this requirement has been imposed by the parent organization
of T10 and T11; please do not complain to T10 or T11 about this.  As the
official liaison from both T10 and T11 to the IETF, I am authorized to provide
copies of these standards to IETF participants for their personal use in
IETF activity.

This applies to the following documents:

- Normative references:
-- T10

-- T11

- Informative References
-- T10
     [SAS] INCITS 376-2003, Serial Attached SCSI (SAS).
     [SRP] INCITS 365-2002, SCSI RDMA Protocol (SRP).

If you would like copies of any of these standards, please send me an email
directly (please *don't* cc: either the IETF or STORM mailing lists) and
indicate which standards you would like copies of.

Of course, if you work for a company that is a T10 or T11 member, you can
get these documents directly, and I'd ask that you do so.

Thanks,
--David

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of The
> IESG
> Sent: Monday, July 16, 2012 5:19 PM
> To: IETF-Announce
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: [storm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-cons-06.txt> (iSCSI
> Protocol (Consolidated)) to Proposed Standard
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> storm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/storm