Subject: [storm] storm WG: Draft status

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 10 Sep 2012 14:58:33 -0400

August was a slow month - here's a quick summary of what I believe the
status is of all of the storm WG drafts (please send a note to me and/or
the list if something seems to be wrong):

- iSCSI consolidated and new features (-sam-) drafts: IETF Last Call is
complete, although there may be one more review coming on the consolidated
draft.  Revised versions of both drafts are needed; I'll be in touch
with the authors directly about revising these drafts.

- iSCSI MIB draft: The MIB Doctor review was more than expected.  The
currently-posted revised version of this draft contains all of the routine
changes, but the MIB Doctor review also requested some functional additions
that require more list discussion.  Expect an initial proposal for what to
do and not do on the list shortly.

- iSER draft: I need to review Mike Ko's latest posted proposed text changes;
once we have agreement on that, the next version of this draft should
*finally* make it out of the WG and into our AD's hands successfully.

- RDMAP extensions draft: Complications with the above drafts, especially
iSER (the issues that have delayed iSER have been real and important),
have delayed dealing with the RDMAP extensions draft.  Tom and I owe the
authors reviews of the current version.  A best guess for RFC Publication
Request timing for this draft is now around the end of the year (sorry).

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------