Subject: [storm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-storm-iser-12.txt> (iSCSI Extensions for RDMA Specification) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 08 Oct 2012 07:13:21 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the STORage Maintenance WG (storm)
to consider the following document:
- 'iSCSI Extensions for RDMA Specification'
  <draft-ietf-storm-iser-12.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2012-10-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   iSCSI Extensions for RDMA provides the RDMA data transfer capability
   to iSCSI by layering iSCSI on top of an RDMA-Capable Protocol.  An
   RDMA-Capable Protocol provides RDMA Read and Write services, which
   enable data to be transferred directly into SCSI I/O Buffers without
   intermediate data copies.  This document describes the extensions to
   the iSCSI protocol to support RDMA services as provided by an RDMA-
   Capable Protocol.

   This document obsoletes RFC 5046.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-iser/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-iser/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.

---

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Oct 2012 09:34:51 -0400

For those interested in what has changed in this draft by comparison
to the specification of iSER in RFC 5046, here's a reasonably readable
diff that shows the text changes:

http://www.stiemerling.org/ietf/storm-review/diff-rfc5046-to-iser.html

and the edited version of RFC 5046 on which this was based

http://www.stiemerling.org/ietf/storm-review/rfc5046-edited.txt

All of the content of RFC 5046 is preserved in that version, but the
changes to improve the diff include swapping the order of sections 1
and 2 in order to match the storm-iser draft, and taking out page
gutters that confuse the IETF diff tool.

And many thanks to our AD (Martin Stiemerling) for hosting this on his
web site.

FYI,
--David

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]]
> On Behalf Of The IESG
> Sent: Monday, October 08, 2012 10:13 AM
> To: IETF-Announce
> Cc: [email-masked]
> Subject: Last Call: <draft-ietf-storm-iser-12.txt> (iSCSI Extensions for RDMA
> Specification) to Proposed Standard
> 
>