Subject: [storm] storm WG draft status + No Orlando meeting

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 1 Jan 2013 19:20:15 -0500

My day job's been demanding too much of my time lately, but I'm finally
getting back to storm WG activity after a few months of too many other
things to do.  Sorry for the hiatus, and here's the status info for
the storm WG's five drafts as I understand things:

iSCSI Consolidated: Completed IESG evaluation, with a number of issues
that need to be resolved.  At least two security issues will be sent to
this list soon, as they need attention from the working group.

iSCSI Features Update (SAM): Completed IETF Last Call.  Needs a revised
version in order to go to the IESG.  I believe that the draft editor
understands what needs to be done; with luck that'll go to IESG Evaluation
this month.

iSCSI MIB: Sent back to MIB Doctors for a re-review of changes.  We're
waiting on them.

RDMAP Extensions: This one's about to expire w/o changes again due to
delays in working on other drafts.  There won't be time for me to do a
detailed technical review and get the new version submitted before the
current version expires.  OTOH, there are some minor issues with the
text that specifies the new IANA registry in section 10.1 - I suggest
that the authors update that text based on the text in the final version
of the RDDP registries draft:

http://tools.ietf.org/id/draft-ietf-storm-rddp-registries-02.txt

As part of this:
- The registry should be called "RDMAP Message Atomic Operation Subcodes"
	and change from "Code" to "Subcode" elsewhere in the draft.  This
	avoids confusion with the main RDMAP Opcodes.
- Add a sentence to say that an experimental RDMAP opcode has already been
	allocated, and hence there is no need for an experimental atomic
	operation subcode.

While some of the issues with the Consolidated draft require WG attention,
I don't think a meeting will be needed to deal with them, so I don't plan
to ask for meeting time in Orlando in March.

Thanks,
--David
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------

---

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 21:05:40 -0500

Quick update on these drafts + the iSER draft

iSCSI Consolidated: New -08 version has appeared to resolve most of the
comments.  There are still some security (and probably other) issues that'll
require a -09 version, including the IPsec profile update

iSCSI Features Update (SAM): New version expected by first week of Feb.
That'll need to be checked against the then-current version of the iSCSI
consolidated draft before going into IESG Evaluation.

iSCSI MIB: Now in IETF Last Call through Jan 28.

RDMAP Extensions: Revised version submitted.

iSER: The IPsec profile update to RFC 3723 came up in this draft as well, and
that update will have to be addressed in the iSCSI Consolidated draft before
the iSER draft can go to IESG Evaluation.

The current intent is to have the IPsec profile update to RFC 3723 affect all
RFCs that use it, including the RDDP (iWARP) RFCs.

I will be on vacation with no email (email is among the things that I *really*
need a vacation from) for the next couple of weeks, so expect further progress
towards the end of the first week of Feb.

Thanks,
--David

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
> Black, David
> Sent: Tuesday, January 01, 2013 7:20 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [storm] storm WG draft status + No Orlando meeting
> Importance: High
> 
> _______________________________________________
> storm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/storm