Subject: [storm] storm WG draft Status - July 10

From: "Black, David" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Jul 2013 20:46:03 -0400

There's been some significant progress since last week.

1) iSCSI consolidated draft.  Almost done!  All of the IESG Evaluation
comments have been resolved, and the Discuss positions cleared.  A new
version is needed to clean up a few things.  The announcement of approval
for RFC publication will be issued shortly after the new version is posted.

2) iSCSI SAM (new features) draft.  In WG Last Call through this evening.
primarily to check that the iSCSIProtocolLevel text key, and its
associated new registry are specified correctly.  The hope is to get
the revised version submitted before the July 15 cutoff for the Berlin
IETF meeting.  This will go to the IESG along with the iSCSI MIB draft.

3) iSCSI MIB draft.  The IETF Last Call and MIB Doctor review comments
have been resolved in the latest version.  It's waiting for the iSCSI
SAM draft because the MIB's compliance provisions depend on the value
of the iSCSIProtocolLevel text key.

4) iSER draft.  Done!  The publication approval announcement has appeared
issued and the draft is now in the RFC Editor's Queue.  Many thanks to
Mike Ko (editor) and everyone else who contributed.

5) RFC 3723 IPsec requirements update draft.  WG Last Call has completed,
the comments have been resolved in the -03 version, which has been submitted
to our AD for his review and IETF Last Call.  The PROTO writeup is attached.

6) That leaves the RDMA Extensions draft.  There have now been multiple
reviews of this draft, including by yours truly.  Some of the review issues
require WG discussion on the list.  The authors expect to submit a revised
version of the draft after the "window" for draft submission reopens on 
July 28th, and I strongly encourage them to start discussion of whatever
needs attention from the reviews on this list as soon as they are ready.

Please feel free to send questions to the list or directly to me.

Thanks,
--David (storm WG co-chair)
----------------------------------------------------
David L. Black, Distinguished Engineer
EMC Corporation, 176 South St., Hopkinton, MA  01748
+1 (508) 293-7953             FAX: +1 (508) 293-7786
[email-masked]        Mobile: +1 (978) 394-7754
----------------------------------------------------