Subject: [storm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-storm-ipsec-ips-update-03.txt> (Securing Block Storage Protocols over IP: RFC 3723 Requirements Update for IPsec v3) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Aug 2013 08:14:28 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the STORage Maintenance WG (storm)
to consider the following document:
- 'Securing Block Storage Protocols over IP: RFC 3723 Requirements Update
   for IPsec v3'
  <draft-ietf-storm-ipsec-ips-update-03.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   RFC 3723 specifies IPsec requirements for block storage protocols
   over IP (e.g., iSCSI) based on IPsec v2 (RFC 2401 and related RFCs);
   those requirements have subsequently been applied to remote direct
   data placement protocols, e.g., RDMAP.  This document updates RFC
   3723's IPsec requirements to IPsec v3 (RFC 4301 and related RFCs) and
   makes some changes to required algorithms based on developments in
   cryptography since RFC 3723 was published.

   [RFC Editor: The "Updates:" list above has been truncated by xml2rfc.
   The complete list is - Updates: 3720, 3723, 3821, 3822, 4018, 4172,
   4173, 4174, 5040, 5041, 5042, 5043, 5044, 5045, 5046, 5047, 5048 (if
   approved) ]

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-ipsec-ips-update/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-ipsec-ips-update/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.