Subject: [storm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-sam-08.txt> (Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) SCSI Features Update) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 08 Aug 2013 08:13:59 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the STORage Maintenance WG (storm)
to consider the following document:
- 'Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) SCSI Features
Update'
  <draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-sam-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2013-08-22. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

  Internet Small Computer Systems Interface (iSCSI) is a SCSI
  transport protocol that maps the SCSI family of protocols onto
  TCP/IP. The iSCSI protocol as specified in RFCxxx (and as
  previously specified by the combination of RFC 3720 and RFC
  5048) is based on the SAM-2 (SCSI Architecture Model - 2)
  version of the SCSI family of protocols. This document
  defines enhancements to the iSCSI protocol to support certain
  additional features of the SCSI protocol that were defined in
  SAM-3, SAM-4, and SAM-5.

  This document is a companion document to RFCxxx.

     --------------------------------------------------------
     RFC EDITORS NOTE: The above two references to RFCxxx should
     reference the RFC number assigned to the draft-ietf-storm-
     iscsi-cons-xx document, and this note should be removed.
     --------------------------------------------------------

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-sam/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-sam/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.