Subject: [storm] Last Call: <draft-ietf-storm-rdmap-ext-08.txt> (RDMA Protocol Extensions) to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2014 12:57:28 -0800

The IESG has received a request from the STORage Maintenance WG (storm)
to consider the following document:
- 'RDMA Protocol Extensions'
  <draft-ietf-storm-rdmap-ext-08.txt> as Proposed Standard

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits
final comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2014-02-19. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the
beginning of the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document specifies extensions to the IETF Remote Direct Memory
   Access Protocol (RDMAP [RFC5040]). RDMAP provides read and write
   services directly to applications and enables data to be transferred
   directly into Upper Layer Protocol (ULP) Buffers without
   intermediate data copies. The extensions specified in this document
   provide the following capabilities and/or improvements: Atomic
   Operations and Immediate Data.

The file can be obtained via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-rdmap-ext/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-storm-rdmap-ext/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.