Subject: [storm] RFC 7145 on Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) Extensions for the Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) Specification

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 16:54:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7145

        Title:      Internet Small Computer System Interface 
                    (iSCSI) Extensions for the Remote Direct 
                    Memory Access (RDMA) Specification 
        Author:     M. Ko, A. Nezhinsky
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      91
        Characters: 214093
        Obsoletes:  RFC 5046

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-storm-iser-15.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7145.txt

Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) Extensions for
Remote Direct Memory Access (RDMA) provides the RDMA data transfer
capability to iSCSI by layering iSCSI on top of an RDMA-Capable
Protocol.  An RDMA-Capable Protocol provides RDMA Read and Write
services, which enable data to be transferred directly into SCSI I/O
Buffers without intermediate data copies.  This document describes
the extensions to the iSCSI protocol to support RDMA services as
provided by an RDMA-Capable Protocol.

This document obsoletes RFC 5046.

This document is a product of the STORage Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC