Subject: [storm] RFC 7144 on Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) SCSI Features Update

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 2014 16:54:10 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 7144

        Title:      Internet Small Computer System Interface 
                    (iSCSI) SCSI Features Update 
        Author:     F. Knight, M. Chadalapaka
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       April 2014
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      25
        Characters: 49817
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-storm-iscsi-sam-09.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc7144.txt

Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) is a SCSI
transport protocol that maps the SCSI family of protocols onto
TCP/IP.  The iSCSI protocol as specified in RFC 7143 (and as
previously specified by the combination of RFC 3720 and RFC
5048) is based on the SAM-2 (SCSI Architecture Model - 2)
version of the SCSI family of protocols.  This document
defines enhancements to the iSCSI protocol to support certain
additional features of the SCSI protocol that were defined in
SAM-3, SAM-4, and SAM-5.

This document is a product of the STORage Maintenance Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC