Subject: [Stox] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stox-im-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 20 Aug 2013 09:22:43 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the SIP-TO-XMPP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Instant Messaging
	Author(s)       : Peter Saint-Andre
                          Avshalom Houri
                          Joe Hildebrand
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stox-im-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-08-20

Abstract:
   This document defines a bidirectional protocol mapping for the
   exchange of single instant messages between the Session Initiation
   Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol
   (XMPP).

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-im

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-stox-im-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stox-im-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Daniel-Constantin Mierla <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 23:26:18 +0200

Few remarks about the SIP MESSAGE examples:
- iirc, the From tag parameter is mandatory in all SIP requests by 
rfc3261, not only for those that may involve a dialog, thus for MESSAGE 
as well (although I couldn't spot it quickly in the rfc3261, at least 
the examples in rfc3428 are with From tag)
- gr is defined as URI parameter (for the GRUU purposes), but in the 
draft it is actually a header parameter. The From URI along with gr 
parameter must be enclosed in between < > to make it paramter for URI

Daniel

On 8/20/13 6:22 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> stox mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/stox

-- 
Daniel-Constantin Mierla - http://www.asipto.com
http://twitter.com/#!/miconda - http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 21:42:56 -0600

> parameter must be enclosed in between < > to make it paramter for URI

So...

OLD
   From: sip:[email-masked];gr=balcony

NEW
   From: <sip:[email-masked]>;tag=12345;gr=balcony

Correct?

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Saúl Ibarra Corretgé <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:10:01 +0200

>   From: <sip:[email-masked]>;tag=12345;gr=balcony

Nope, it should be:

From: <sip:[email-masked];gr=balcony>;tag=12345

--
Saúl Ibarra Corretgé
AG Projects

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 13:19:12 -0600

> From: <sip:[email-masked];gr=balcony>;tag=12345

Noted, thanks!

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Aug 2013 16:01:25 -0400

What could be simpler? Why would anyone get this wrong? :-)