Subject: [Stox] I-D Action: draft-ietf-stox-core-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 13:41:24 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the SIP-TO-XMPP Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Interworking between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP): Architecture, Addresses, and Error Handling
	Author(s)       : Peter Saint-Andre
                          Avshalom Houri
                          Joe Hildebrand
	Filename        : draft-ietf-stox-core-02.txt
	Pages           : 16
	Date            : 2013-08-19

Abstract:
   As a foundation for the definition of bidirectional protocol mappings
   between the Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible
   Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP), this document specifies the
   architectural assumptions underlying such mappings as well as the
   mapping of addresses and error conditions.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-stox-core

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-stox-core-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-stox-core-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 19 Aug 2013 14:42:43 -0600

As previously mentioned.

I view some of this text as provisional, but submitting a revised I-D
seemed to be the best way for folks to review it.

On 8/19/13 2:41 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> stox mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/stox
>

---

From: Mary Barnes <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 15:33:14 -0500

I've reviewed this version of the document and overall, I think the
document is ready for WGLC/progressing.  I have a minor comment and nit
that could be fixed before or after the document goes through WGLC.  As far
as the error code handling, I think the text you added in the -02 is fine
and I don't have concerns about the mappings that are suggested.

Minor comments/Nits:
- Section 5.3 (1st para, last sentence):  "resource part" -> "resourcepart"

- Section 5.4 & 5.5.  I personally would find a couple of examples,
highlighting some of the rules (e.g., for the disallowed characters, etc.)
of the mapping to be quite helpful. As always, they aren't normative, but I
think it would help cement the rules in some of our brains.

Regards,
Mary

On Mon, Aug 19, 2013 at 3:42 PM, Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>wrote:

> >       Title           : Interworking between the Session Initiation
> Protocol (SIP) and the Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol (XMPP):
> Architecture, Addresses, and Error Handling

---

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 20:23:54 -0600

Hi Mary, thanks for the review!

On 8/21/13 2:33 PM, Mary Barnes wrote:
> that could be fixed before or after the document goes through WGLC.  As
> far as the error code handling, I think the text you added in the -02 is
> fine and I don't have concerns about the mappings that are suggested. 
> 
> Minor comments/Nits:

Noted.

> highlighting some of the rules (e.g., for the disallowed characters,
> etc.) of the mapping to be quite helpful. As always, they aren't
> normative, but I think it would help cement the rules in some of our
> brains. 

Good idea. We'll work those into the next revision.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/