Subject: Re: [Stox] Post-WGLC review: draft-ietf-stox-im-06

From: Peter Saint-Andre <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 22 Jan 2014 11:44:01 -0700

Hi Mary, thanks for the review and my apologies for the delayed reply.

On 12/24/13 1:22 PM, Mary Barnes wrote:
> HI all,
> 
> I've reviewed the document and believe it's ready to progress with a
> couple of minor clarification/nit fixes required. 
> 
> - Section 1, 1st bullet.  RFC 3428 was not developed in the SIMPLE WG.
>  It was a product of the old SIP WG.  I would suggest to reword that
> bullet as follows:
>       Various extensions to the Session Initiation Protocol ([RFC3261])
>       for instant messaging,  including the MESSAGE method extension
> [RFC3428].

Agreed.

> - Related to my previous comment,  there shouldn't be any references to
> a SIMPLE-XMPP Gateway, which is used widely in the document, although
> there are some places where SIP-XMPP is used, which is more correct.
> 
> - All  occurrences of "SIMPLE Server" should be changed to "SIP Server" 

The reason we use the term SIMPLE here is that a base SIP server or
gateway would not necessarily have awareness of the instant messaging
extensions to SIP, and "SIMPLE server" is less wordy than "IM-aware SIP
server". But if the latter is more accurate then I'm happy to make that
change.

Peter

-- 
Peter Saint-Andre
https://stpeter.im/