Subject: [Stox] STOX Virtual Interim Meeting 2013-12-17 Minutes

From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 2014 14:33:11 +0000

Hi,

You can also find the minutes and other proceedings from:
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/interim/2013/12/17/stox/proceedings.html

Based on the minutes there are two (open) action points (Mary already sent her reviews):

Jonathan Lennox: Review the fmtp related section in -media.
Paul Kyzivat: Review the "hold" related section in -media.

Jonathan, Paul: If you could do those reviews and send comments on the list it would be very helpful to progress the specific sections in -media draft. Thanks!

Markus

---

From: stox [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of ext Yana Stamcheva
Sent: 18 December, 2013 16:57
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Stox] STOX Virtual Interim Meeting 2013-12-17 Recording

Thanks to all the participants in the interim meeting!

Below you'll find the WebEx recording of the meeting.

Begin forwarded message:

From: Cindy Morgan <[email-masked]>
Subject: Invitation to view WebEx recording "STOX-20131217 1603-1"
Date: 18 Dec 2013 15:13:03 GMT+1
To: [email-masked]
Reply-To: [email-masked]

I want to share the following WebEx recording with you. Click the link below to play it: 

https://ietf.webex.com/ietf/ldr.php?AT=pb&SP=MC&rID=19788772&rKey=bf9fb06ac41c884e
 
STOX-20131217 1603-1 
December 17, 2013, 9:34 am San Francisco Time 
1 hour 28 mins 

If you need assistance, you can contact me at [email-masked]. 

http://www.webex.com

---

From: Paul Kyzivat <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Jan 2014 12:41:01 -0500

As requested, I have taken a look at treatment of Hold in section 6 of 
draft-ietf-stox-media-02.

The draft says:

    The same semantics are also
    supported by Jingle through the "senders" element and its "initiator"
    and "responder" values.

                  [example to follow]

    In addition to these semantics however Jingle also defines a more
    concise way for achieving the same, which consists in sending a
    "hold" command within a "session-info" action:

Before I can make any useful comments I need to get educated on some 
aspects of xmpp. (I *browsed* XEP 0166, but couldn't quickly figure this 
out.) Hopefully somebody can clue me in on the following:

1) I see that the "senders" element has values that correspond 1:1 with 
SDP sendrecv/sendonly/recvonly/inactive. Are there equivalent 
constraints on O/A behavior? Specifically that:

	Offer    Permissible Answer
	-----    ------------------
	sendrecv sendrecv/sendonly/recvonly/inactive
	sendonly recvonly/inactive
	recvonly sendonly/inactive
	inactive inactive

2) Are the "senders" element values semantically equivalent to the 
corresponding SDP attributes in their implications to how the 
corresponding RTP stream is used?

3)) What are the precise semantics of the "hold" command within a 
"session-info" action? Is it formally equivalent to "initiator" on every 
media session?

	Thanks,
	Paul

On 1/9/14 9:33 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> stox mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/stox
>