Subject: [straw] draft agenda for Vancouver

From: Victor Pascual <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 09:14:01 +0000

See the draft agenda for the upcoming STRAW WG meeting: http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/agenda/agenda-84-straw

Please let the chairs know if you have any comments.

Cheers,
-Victor

---

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2012 15:45:18 -0500

Victor

bluntly, how can there be any agenda items when not one of the agenda 
items has been discussed on the STRAW list (not one message regarding 
any of the drafts on the agenda)? In fact, no one has posted a 
message to this list but you in the last week, and none of those 
messages had anything to do with any of the agenda drafts (or any 
draft whatsoever)...

that's just fishy

James

At 04:14 AM 7/18/2012, Victor Pascual wrote:
>See the draft agenda for the upcoming STRAW WG meeting: 
>http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/84/agenda/agenda-84-straw
>
>_______________________________________________
>straw mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/straw

---

From: Victor Pascual <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:23:52 +0000

James,

Thanks for your feedback. The goal for the upcoming meeting is to kick-start the work towards the WG deliverables -- unfortunately the WG creation date did not allow contributors to meet the -00 deadline.
After sending a couple of calls for agenda requests we believe discussing existing drafts related to this group (please see the milestones list) would be a good way to start our work. Do you agree?

Of course, if you want to present ideas on how to address certain problems please contact the chairs and we'd be more than happy to allocate some agenda time for you.

Thanks again for your feedback.
-Victor

>-----Original Message-----
>From: James Polk [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Wednesday, July 18, 2012 10:45 PM
>To: Victor Pascual
>Cc: [email-masked]; Gonzalo Camarillo; Robert Sparks
>Subject: Re: [straw] draft agenda for Vancouver
>
>Victor
>

---

From: Hadriel Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:36:10 +0000

There was some discussion of them back in February on the DISPATCH list, before there was a WG of course.

-hadriel

On Jul 18, 2012, at 4:45 PM, James Polk wrote:

> Victor
> 
> bluntly, how can there be any agenda items when not one of the agenda items has been discussed on the STRAW list (not one message regarding any of the drafts on the agenda)? In fact, no one has posted a message to this list but you in the last week, and none of those messages had anything to do with any of the agenda drafts (or any draft whatsoever)...
> 
> that's just fishy
> 
> James
>

---

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 15:01:01 -0500

Victor

I'm not trying to be a pain, or stifle this effort - I'm just 
surprised that *nothing* has been talked about on this list, 
especially leading up to a meeting that apparently has several drafts 
that will be considered for WG consideration soon. In other words, 
the silence is deafening on this list.

I compare this to RAI's next newest WG INSIPID, and there are was 
only 1 milestone to begin with, and there was LOTS of discussion, 
especially before the meeting. Maybe I'm a bit slanted by that recent 
experience.

I mean, the authors of the agenda drafts haven't even announced their 
drafts on the list with a non-draft-lingo paragraph explaining what 
each are about.

I would at least expect that coming soon. Is that unreasonable?

James

At 10:23 AM 7/19/2012, Victor Pascual wrote:
>James,
>
>Thanks for your feedback. The goal for the upcoming meeting is to 
>kick-start the work towards the WG deliverables -- unfortunately the 
>WG creation date did not allow contributors to meet the -00 deadline.
>After sending a couple of calls for agenda requests we believe 
>discussing existing drafts related to this group (please see the 
>milestones list) would be a good way to start our work. Do you agree?
>
>Of course, if you want to present ideas on how to address certain 
>problems please contact the chairs and we'd be more than happy to 
>allocate some agenda time for you.
>

---

From: Hadriel Kaplan <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2012 23:28:34 +0000

On Jul 19, 2012, at 4:01 PM, James Polk wrote:

> Victor
> 
> I'm not trying to be a pain, or stifle this effort - I'm just surprised that *nothing* has been talked about on this list, especially leading up to a meeting that apparently has several drafts that will be considered for WG consideration soon. In other words, the silence is deafening on this list.

Well maybe no one has any disagreements over them. ;)

> I mean, the authors of the agenda drafts haven't even announced their drafts on the list with a non-draft-lingo paragraph explaining what each are about.

I'll re-send the emails from DISPATCH onto this list.

-hadriel

---

From: Gonzalo Camarillo <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 10:41:20 +0300

Hi James,

yes, discussions around these topics have significantly slowed down
while we were officially chartering the WG. I also expect them to resume
now that the WG has been chartered.

Cheers,

Gonzalo

---

From: James Polk <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2012 14:04:20 -0500

At 06:28 PM 7/19/2012, Hadriel Kaplan wrote:

> especially leading up to a meeting that apparently has several 
> drafts that will be considered for WG consideration soon. In other 
> words, the silence is deafening on this list.
>
> > I mean, the authors of the agenda drafts haven't even announced 
> their drafts on the list with a non-draft-lingo paragraph 
> explaining what each are about.

thank you

-j

---

From: Christer Holmberg <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2012 20:42:12 +0200

Hi James,

Thanks for your feedback!

As Victor said, the whole idea of presenting the drafts is to kick-start the work, and start the discussions.

In Vancouver, we are obviously not going to suggest that the WG adopts the drafts. Anyone will get a chance to submit drafts on how to implement the deliverables, which we will then discuss in a normal fashion :)

Regards,

Christer

________________________________________
From: [email-masked] [[email-masked]] On Behalf Of James Polk [[email-masked]]
Sent: Friday, July 20, 2012 10:04 PM
To: Hadriel Kaplan; James Polk
Cc: Victor Pascual; [email-masked]; Gonzalo Camarillo; Robert Sparks
Subject: Re: [straw] draft agenda for Vancouver

thank you

-j