Subject: [Suit] Manifest Format Considerations

From: Suhas Nandakumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Oct 2017 19:46:17 -0700

Depending on what else is happening on the device, JSON or perhaps CBOR
would be a desirable format. The scope of the charter should allow the WG
to investigate selecting one or more manifest formats. If the charter locks
it to this format, it is very unlikely that we would implement this.  I
think you take a look at what manifests are in widespread use today, one
will come to the conclusion that formats other than ASN.1, for example, are
widely used in running code.

Thanks

Suhas Nandakumar

---

From: Hannes Tschofenig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 07:11:02 +0000

Hi Suhas,

do you have some arguments that support your preference?
Could you also point to the manifests in widespread use mentioned below?

When you say “we” who are you referring to?

Ciao
Hannes

From: Suit [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of Suhas Nandakumar
Sent: 24 October 2017 04:46
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Suit] Manifest Format Considerations

Depending on what else is happening on the device, JSON or perhaps CBOR would be a desirable format. The scope of the charter should allow the WG to investigate selecting one or more manifest formats. If the charter locks it to this format, it is very unlikely that we would implement this.  I think you take a look at what manifests are in widespread use today, one will come to the conclusion that formats other than ASN.1, for example, are widely used in running code.

Thanks

Suhas Nandakumar

IMPORTANT NOTICE: The contents of this email and any attachments are confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the sender immediately and do not disclose the contents to any other person, use it for any purpose, or store or copy the information in any medium. Thank you.