Subject: [Suit] Charter Text Confusion

From: Suhas Nandakumar <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 24 Oct 2017 16:36:41 -0700

An interesting thing came up on meeting with Hannes today.
We think one of the reasons for some confusions has been discrepancy
between the charter on the datatracker and the one Hannes shared to the
list.

Just to point one of the issues, the charter at the datatracker says

This group will use draft-moran-fud-architecture as a starting point for
discussion of the "Architecture" document.

This group will use draft-moran-fud-manifest as a starting point for
discussion of the "Manifest Format" specification.

While the charter sent by Hannes to the mailing list @
https://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/fud/current/msg00078.html, doesn't
say the above.

There are other minor differences between these 2 versions.

Shouldn't we be using one posted by Hannes as the reference ? or should we
be referring the datatracker version ?

Cheers

Suhas

---

From: Spencer Dawkins at IETF <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2017 22:50:10 -0500

Suhas,

> be referring the datatracker version ?

Kathleen would have the definitive answer here, but the IESG is already
balloting on the datatracker version ...

Spencer