Subject: [Suit] I-D Action: draft-ietf-suit-architecture-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 10:54:04 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Software Updates for Internet of Things WG of the IETF.

        Title           : A Firmware Update Architecture for Internet of Things Devices
        Authors         : Brendan Moran
                          Milosch Meriac
                          Hannes Tschofenig
                          David Brown
	Filename        : draft-ietf-suit-architecture-02.txt
	Pages           : 22
	Date            : 2019-01-16

Abstract:
   Vulnerabilities with Internet of Things (IoT) devices have raised the
   need for a solid and secure firmware update mechanism that is also
   suitable for constrained devices.  Incorporating such update
   mechanism to fix vulnerabilities, to update configuration settings as
   well as adding new functionality is recommended by security experts.

   This document lists requirements and describes an architecture for a
   firmware update mechanism suitable for IoT devices.  The architecture
   is agnostic to the transport of the firmware images and associated
   meta-data.

   This version of the document assumes asymmetric cryptography and a
   public key infrastructure.  Future versions may also describe a
   symmetric key approach for very constrained devices.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-suit-architecture/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-suit-architecture-02
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-suit-architecture-02

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-suit-architecture-02

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/