Subject: [sunset4] Feedback LSN Deployment Draft

From: Victor Kuarsingh <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 02 Aug 2012 15:40:21 -0700

OPSAWG/Behave/Sunset4 WGs,

Following further consideration in OPSAWG, the Chairs have requested
addition opportunity for feedback from the Behave and Sunset4 WGs regarding
draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-00. (link -
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-opsawg-lsn-deployment-00)

What we are looking for is technical feedback on the architecture/concepts
defined in the draft.  What we are NOT looking for is opinions on why CGN is
bad.  I expect there may be textual updates needed along with other minor
items. 

There was also a plan to remove the "Performance" section which was
originally added before other drafts were available discussing CGN/NAT444
impacts (like draft-donley-nat444-impacts)

The document presupposes an operator has decided to do CGN/NAT444
(business/technical reasons particular to them) and therefore may require
architectural options on how to deploy this in an existing network.  The
document offers once such option using BGP/MPLS IP VPNs.

I appreciate feedback.

Regards,

Victor K