Subject: [sunset4] Working group last call on draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf

From: "Marc Blanchet" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 10:22:31 -0400

This is a working group last call on draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf. 
Please send comments to the mailing list by sept 15th, 23h59 UTC. If you 
read the document and you agree but have no additional comments, please 
say so on the mailing list.

Marc&Wes, co-chairs.

---

From: JORDI PALET MARTINEZ <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 17:17:18 +0200

I just read the document again, and I’m fine in moving it forward.

Regards,
Jordi

-----Mensaje original-----
De: sunset4 <[email-masked]> en nombre de Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
Responder a: <[email-masked]>
Fecha: miércoles, 30 de agosto de 2017, 16:22
Para: <[email-masked]>
Asunto: [sunset4] Working group last call on draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf

    Marc&Wes, co-chairs.
    
    _______________________________________________
    sunset4 mailing list
    [email-masked]
    https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/sunset4

**********************************************
IPv4 is over
Are you ready for the new Internet ?
http://www.consulintel.es
The IPv6 Company

This electronic message contains information which may be privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the exclusive use of the individual(s) named above and further non-explicilty authorized disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited and will be considered a criminal offense. If you are not the intended recipient be aware that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this information, even if partially, including attached files, is strictly prohibited, will be considered a criminal offense, so you must reply to the original sender to inform about this communication and delete it.

---

From: David Farmer <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Aug 2017 15:59:47 -0500

I'm fine with the contents of the document itself. However, it's listed as
Standards Track, as such maybe it should update RFC791. Otherwise, what is
the intended Standards Track progression we expect to see for for this
document, If we don't intend a progression would it be better as a BCP or
Informational status then?

I believe this is a first step in the formal depreciation of IPv4, as such
it is subtly changing the status of RFC791, and therefore it should update
RFC791. If we were deprecating IPv4 that would likely be an update to
RFC791 to change it's status to Historic.  The progression I expect, is at
some future date we either take additional steps toward the formal
deprecation of IPv4 or actually formally deprecate IPv4.

Lets be honest, one purpose of this document is as more of a press release
issued as an RFC. As such I think it's important for ISOC and others do
press releases based on this document. However, I think it can be more than
that if we treat it as more than that. Let's also use it as a catalyst to
change our behavior as the IETF, which I read as one of it purposes as
well. I think ensuring a metadata linkage with RFC791 could help this
change occur.

Thanks.

On Wed, Aug 30, 2017 at 9:22 AM, Marc Blanchet <[email-masked]>
wrote:

> This is a working group last call on draft-ietf-sunset4-ipv6-ietf. Please
> send comments to the mailing list by sept 15th, 23h59 UTC. If you read the
> document and you agree but have no additional comments, please say so on
> the mailing list.
>
> Marc&Wes, co-chairs.
>

-- 
===============================================
David Farmer               Email:[email-masked]
Networking & Telecommunication Services
Office of Information Technology
University of Minnesota
2218 University Ave SE        Phone: 612-626-0815
Minneapolis, MN 55414-3029   Cell: 612-812-9952
===============================================

---

From: Mikael Abrahamsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 16:08:00 +0200 (CEST)

> say so on the mailing list.

I re-read this document and it seems fine to me.

This will be an interesting IETF last call.

-- 
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: [email-masked]