Subject: [Syslog] #2, max message size

From: "Rainer Gerhards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 09:11:14 +0100

Hi WG,

I have not heared back on this topic. So I conclude that it is consensus
that the message size specification be left as it currently is in
syslog-protocol-15. We might put further limits in the transport
mappings.

If someone objects to this view, please do it now as I plan to update
the I-D in the not so distant future.

Thanks,
Rainer

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog

---

From: Darren Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2005 19:36:04 +1100 (EST)

> the I-D in the not so distant future.

The only place a message size limit should be specified is in a transport
mapping.  If it's in -15 then it should be removed.  Limits of all sizes
and types do nothing but contribute to aging of a protocol.

Darren