Subject: [Syslog] RE: syslog-protocol draft

From: "Rainer Gerhards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2005 14:03:01 +0100

Bazsi,

> > many thanks for your mail. I am working on a new draft. But as it is
> > xmas time, it's quite busy, so other things also come into 
> my way. My
> > goal is to finish a new version before xmas holiday, but I can not
> > totally commit on that. I'd appreciate if you could review 
> it when it
> > comes out.
> 
> No problem, I only thought I'd indicate that I am still around as the
> mailing list was not crowded lately.

:-) Just a comment on the list: it is my observation that sometimes
discussion peeks and at other times there is virtually none. For the
time being, I think everything that needed to be said is said and so
folks are waiting if I manage to come up with the right text to cover
the consensus [I hope I will...]. I don't think the silence is
indication of missing interest.

Rainer

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog

---

From: Darren Reed <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2005 00:29:54 +1100 (EST)

> indication of missing interest.

Well, there were a few technical issues I raised with...#7(?) that
you never seemed to address.  Things like how the hostname and other
fields are all described.  The grammar you use in the document is
incorrect.

Darren