Subject: [Syslog] Preliminary syslog-transport-tls document

From: Miao Fuyou <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2006 17:19:29 +0800

Hi, 

The TLS transport draft now is ready for your comments and recommodations.
Some issues are identified in the documents, which should be discussed in
the mailing list. I list the issues here. 

   [Issue 0]: Do we need a Syslog TCP port for TLS transport?  The
   security community had debates about whether using special ports is
   desirable.

   [Issue 1]: Is it possible to use "generic certificate for different
   host?  The generic certificate is for specific application type.

   [Issue 2]: What to bind to a certificate?  Hostname, Syslog APP-
   NAME(generic certificate)?  APP-NAME binding makes authentication/
   access control happens both in TLS handshake and Syslog message
   processing, is efficiency a problem?

   [Issue 3] The problem of CR LF is it can not process binary data
   well.  How to process Syslog signature/certificate message?

   [Issue 4]: Shall we mandate the sender MUST be authenticated?  Most
   of the Syslogd accepts messages only from configured address.

Sorry for attaching, once IETF lifts the limitation of internet-draft
publish after IETF conference #65 , I will get it published. 

Regards
Miao 
_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog