Subject: [Syslog] RE: I-D submission draft-ietf-syslog-device-mib-09.txt

From: David Harrington <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 08 Sep 2006 12:15:14 -0400

Hi Glenn,

I have not yet seen revision -09- announced, and it is not yet
available from the I-D repository. Can you check on the progress of
this please?

I seem to have some problems getting email to you using the
[email-masked]; if there is another address I can use to contact
you, please send it to me privately.

An idnits-tool review of the copy of the -09- document you posted to
the group complains of pages being too long. My copy of the -09- shows
lots of white space between the footer and the next page header; are
you adding extra lines by mistake, causing the pages to be too long?

http://tools.ietf.org/tools/idnits/idnits.pyht also complains that the
document is missing a Security Considerations section, which it
obviously does have, so a bug must have been introduced into the
idnits tool recently.

dbh

> -----Original Message-----
> From: Glenn M. Keeni [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Tuesday, September 05, 2006 11:16 AM
> To: Internet Draft Submission Manager; Chris Lonvick; 
> [email-masked]
> Subject: I-D submission draft-ietf-syslog-device-mib-09.txt
> 
> Hi,
>     Attached, please find the revised I-D
> draft-ietf-syslog-device-mib-09.txt.
>     Please post this document to the archives.
> 
>     Thanks and cheers
> 
>           Glenn
> 

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog

---

From: "Glenn M. Keeni" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 10 Sep 2006 18:33:04 +0900

Dave,
> available from the I-D repository. Can you check on the progress of
That was my mistake, I sent it to the wrong address. Sorry about that.
I have resent the draft to [email-masked] on 9/8/06. This
time I have received the acknowledgment. So it should be in the
archives shortly.
> you, please send it to me privately.
The correct address is [email-masked], that address MUST work.
If it doesn't please let me know.
> you adding extra lines by mistake, causing the pages to be too long?
I am not doing anything new - the same steps as given in the instruction
to RFC editors. I will check this once again and have these removed in
the next draft.
> obviously does have, so a bug must have been introduced into the
Yes. That is correct. The "Security Considerations" is there. This is
most likely a nit in the idnits script.
> dbh

Cheers

Glenn