Subject: [Syslog] IETF Mailing List Issue (fwd)

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 5 Sep 2008 09:07:36 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Folks,

Please resend if you sent anything to the list in the last 16 hours.

Thanks,
Chris

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: Fri, 05 Sep 2008 09:02:52 -0700
From: Alexa Morris <[email-masked]>
To: "[email-masked]" <[email-masked]>
Cc: Working Group Chairs <[email-masked]>, IETF Discussion <[email-masked]>,
     The IESG <[email-masked]>
Subject: IETF Mailing List Issue

Last night, after a server reboot, the postconfirm spam checker that was
recently put in front of IETF mailing lists failed to start.  Unfortunately,
this resulted in a huge influx of spam to the IETF ticket system, and a
simultaneous failure of IETF list email. Everything is back online now and
functioning; however, email messages sent to IETF lists in the last 16 hours
were lost, and will need to be resent.

We have now installed a direct watcher on postconfirm, to force a restart of
it when it fails. In addition, Henrik is working on the system now to find
out why it failed to start in the first place, and why its failure caused
mail loss rather than mail deferral.

I apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. As always,
please feel free to contact me if you have any questions or concerns.

Regards,
Alexa

-----------
Alexa Morris / Executive Director / IETF
48377 Fremont Blvd., Suite 117, Fremont, CA  94538
Phone: +1.510.492.4089 / Fax: +1.510.492.4001
Email: [email-masked]

Managed by Association Management Solutions (AMS)
Forum Management, Meeting and Event Planning
www.amsl.com <http://www.amsl.com/>

_______________________________________________
Ietf mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf
_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog