Subject: [Syslog] syslog-sign (was: RE: FW: syslog WG status for saag)

From: "Alexander Clemm (alex)" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 16:22:34 -0800

Hi,

FYI, as anticipated by David and Chris, I have just posted the
syslog-sign draft which should appear momentarily.  Please kindly review
and verify that your issues have been resolved, as applicable.  

Thank you

--- Alex

From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf
Of Chris Lonvick (clonvick)
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2008 12:52 PM
To: [email-masked]
Subject: [Syslog] FW: syslog WG status for saag

Hi Folks,

An update for the group which David submitted to our ADs this week.

David and I stopped by the RFC Editor's desk yesterday.  We asked about
our 4 documents and were assured that they are all going to be placed
into AUTH48 this week.  Also, draft-ietf-ipcdn-pktc-eventmess-14.txt has
dependencies upon our documents which have been cleared and so is also
going forward.

This leaves us with our final piece of work which is syslog-sign.  Alex
has been addressing the comments from the list and will put out a new
draft (hopefully) next week.  Let's focus on this and get 'er done.
Since there are several changes, we don't want to point out each one,
but will ask people to review the document and verify that your issue(s)
has been resolved.  As always, please send in a note to the list after
review to let us know that we have WG consensus on it.

Thanks,
Chris and David

 -----Original Message-----
From:   David Harrington [mailto:[email-masked]]
Sent:   Wednesday, November 19, 2008 11:58 AM Pacific Standard Time
To:     'Pasi Eronen'; 'Tim Polk'
Cc:     Chris Lonvick (clonvick)
Subject:        syslog WG status for saag

Hi,

The syslog WG did not meet at ietf73.

The protocol, udp, and tls documents are in the RFC-Editor queue, and
auth48 should start this week. The syslog-sign document is in AD
review, and a new revision should be published within a week. We
expect one more revision will be needed, mostly for editorial fixes.

The chairs recommend that once this work completes, the syslog WG be
closed.

There is one charter item not completed - a MIB module. The WG
believes syslog.conf is widely used and appropriate for configuration.
Existing applications already provide log analysis. Due to OS
differences in syslog approaches, a single standard MIB module is
problematic for monitoring syslog statistics and state. Other
syslog-related data modeling is being done in the OPSAWG WG. MIB
modules for monitoring syslog state be developed in the OPSAWG WG,
where operators can help define what information and format would be
most useful to them.

David Harrington
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
[email-masked]

_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog