Subject: [Syslog] Status Update

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 12:51:42 -0800 (PST)

Hi Folks,

Just a quick update for everyone.  Here's the lineup for our documents:
"The syslog Protocol" will be RFC 5424
"TLS Transport Mapping for Syslog" will be RFC 5425
"Transmission of syslog messages over UDP" will be RFC 5426
"Textual Conventions for Syslog Management" will be RFC 5427

All of these have been approved and will be published RSN.  The holdup is 
a problem that David found in one of his final reviews.  In "The syslog 
Protocol", Rainer has examples using "0" for the Enterprise ID.  ...which 
seemed resonable to all of us when he first proposed it.  However, there 
is no "example" Enterprise ID and "0" is actually reserved for IANA. 
David has requested that the IANA create an example Enterprise ID so that 
we can use that in this and other RFCs.  The RFC Editor will publish our 
documents just as soon as we get an answer back from the IANA.

For those of you interested, draft-ietf-ipcdn-eventmess-14 will be 
published as RFC 5428, "Management Event Management Information Base (MIB) 
for PacketCable- and IPCablecom-Compliant Devices".  This document 
references our works so the RFC Editor placed it into the same batch.

In the meantime, Alex is submitting the latest version of syslog-sign 
which has updates to address the IESG review and some other comments. 
When it gets into the ID repository, please look it over to make sure that 
it addresses any comments that you made.

Thanks,
Chris
_______________________________________________
Syslog mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog