Subject: [Syslog] Working Group Last Call: draft-ietf-syslog-dtls

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 4 Feb 2010 10:28:35 -0500

Hi,

This message officially starts the Syslog Working Group Last Call for
the following document: 

Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Transport Mapping for Syslog
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-dtls-01.txt

The Working Group Last Call for this document will end February 19.

To help get this document reviewed throughly, we are seeking
volunteers to review the documents for the following special reviews:
	1) Spelling and grammar,
	2) boilerplates and reference review, 
	3) security review

The chairs want to see a minimum number of content reviews before we
submit the documents to the IESG. If you review the document and it
looks fine, please post a statement that you have reviewed and found
the document acceptable. Obviously, it if does not look acceptable
please identify your objections, preferably with suggested text that
would make it acceptable.

Thanks,
David Harrington
[email-masked] 
[email-masked]
[email-masked]
co-chair, Syslog WG

---

From: "tom.petch" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 13 Feb 2010 19:07:57 +0100

David

I looked at boilerplates and this I-D does not conform to
Guidelines to Authors of Internet-Drafts
dated 9 February 2010.

The copyright,
"     Copyright (c) YYYY IETF Trust and the persons identified as the
      document authors. All rights reserved.

      This document is subject to BCP 78 and the IETF Trust's Legal
      Provisions Relating to IETF Documents
      (http://trustee.ietf.org/license-info) in effect on the date of
      publication of this document. Please review these documents
      carefully, as they describe your rights and restrictions with
      respect to this document. Code Components extracted from this
      document must include Simplified BSD License text as described in
      Section 4.e of the Trust Legal Provisions and are provided without
      warranty as described in the Simplified BSD License."

must precede the 'Internet-Draft Boilerplate' and note that there is an extra
'Simplified' in it compared with the I-D.

And there is an additional /ietf/ in the very first URL in the I-D as it stands
which is also now an .html and no longer a .txt.

I am not sure what you are looking for with References; my experience is that
xml2rfc does a better job than I ever do:-(

But, as I have said before, 2914 and 5405 are no longer referenced in the body
of
the I-D. The references all exist and are not obsoleted and I agree with the
division of Normative and Informative.

Tom Petch

---

From: "David Harrington" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 14 Feb 2010 09:35:50 -0500

Thank you Tom, for doing this review of the references and
boilerplate.

Working group, we need more reviews, please.

dbh 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: tom.petch [mailto:[email-masked]] 
> Sent: Saturday, February 13, 2010 1:08 PM
> To: David Harrington; syslog
> Subject: Re: [Syslog] Working Group Last Call:
draft-ietf-syslog-dtls