Subject: [Syslog] Protocol Action: 'Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Transport Mapping for Syslog' to Proposed Standard

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Jul 2010 09:39:35 -0700 (PDT)

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Transport Mapping for Syslog '
   <draft-ietf-syslog-dtls-06.txt> as a Proposed Standard

This document is the product of the Security Issues in Network Event Logging Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Sean Turner and Tim Polk.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-syslog-dtls-06.txt

Technical Summary

  This document describes the transport of syslog messages over DTLS
  (Datagram Transport Level Security).  It provides a secure transport
  for syslog messages in cases where a connection-less transport is
  desired.

Working Group Summary

   There is nothing worth point out with regard to the working
   process. This document is the synthesis of two proposals made
   to the WG.  

Document Quality

   There are no known implementations of this protocol at this time.

Personnel

   Chris Lonvick ([email-masked]) is the Document Shepherd.
   Sean Turner ([email-masked]) is the Responsible Area Director.