Subject: [Syslog] Conclusion of the syslog WG - THANK YOU!

From: Chris Lonvick <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 06:07:26 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Folks,

I totally missed Sean's message from yesterday (can't even find it in the 
deleted bin).
   http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/syslog/current/msg02634.html

With that, I'd like to thank everyone who has participated in this Working 
Group throughout the years.  Your participation has helped create a set of 
documents that standardizes the transport and security of log messages. 
While we went through a few rough spots, overall, I think that the effort 
has paid off.

All of the authors of the documents have been outstanding and I thank you 
for your effort and patience.

I would also like to recognize the IESG members and especially our 
Advisors: Jeff Schiller, Marcus Leach, Steve Bellovin, Sam Hartman, Pasi 
Eronen, and Sean Turner.

And a final thank you to David Harrington who picked up a lot of the 
effort as my co-chair for some of the more interesting years.

The mailing list will remain active and we can use it to discuss 
implementations and related work.

Thanks,
Chris

---

From: "Rainer Gerhards" <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 15:10:05 +0200

Hi Folks and Chris,

and I would like to express my sincere thanks to the long-term chair and
driving force behind this effort! And, of course, to all those people Chris
already mentioned.

I really agree with Chris that this was productive work, especially as we
begin to see major player pick up the standards.

Thanks to all!
Rainer 

> -----Original Message-----
> From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On
> Behalf Of Chris Lonvick
> Sent: Wednesday, October 27, 2010 3:07 PM
> To: [email-masked]
> Subject: [Syslog] Conclusion of the syslog WG - THANK YOU!
> 
> Hi Folks,
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Syslog mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/syslog

---

From: todd glassey <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 2010 10:42:52 -0700

On 10/27/2010 6:07 AM, Chris Lonvick wrote:
> Hi Folks,
>
> I totally missed Sean's message from yesterday (can't even find it in
> the deleted bin).
> With that, I'd like to thank everyone who has participated in this
> Working Group throughout the years. Your participation has helped create
> a set of documents that standardizes the transport and security of log
> messages. While we went through a few rough spots, overall, I think that
> the effort has paid off.
>
> All of the authors of the documents have been outstanding and I thank
> you for your effort and patience.
>

Chris - how does this all figure into the legal issues created by the 
California court order in California v Khaled, since it is this 
information which will be used a evidence of criminal actions.

Seems to me that closing SYSLOG down not is not such a good idea but 
hey... it wouldn't be the first time the IETF did something out of whack.

Todd Glassey

-- 
//-----------------------------------------------------------------

This message may contain confidential and/or privileged information.
If you are not the addressee or authorized to receive this for the
addressee, you must not use, copy, disclose or take any action based
on this message or any information herein. If you have received this
message in error, please advise the sender immediately by reply e-mail
and delete this message.

Thank you for your cooperation.