Subject: [Syslog] RFC 6012 on Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) Transport Mapping for Syslog

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 10:13:31 -0700 (PDT)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6012

        Title:      Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) 
                    Transport Mapping for Syslog 
        Author:     J. Salowey, T. Petch,
                    R. Gerhards, H. Feng
        Status:     Standards Track
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       October 2010
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked],  [email-masked]
        Pages:      12
        Characters: 24475
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-syslog-dtls-06.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6012.txt

This document describes the transport of syslog messages over the
Datagram Transport Layer Security (DTLS) protocol.  It provides a
secure transport for syslog messages in cases where a connectionless
transport is desired.  [STANDARDS-TRACK]

This document is a product of the Security Issues in Network Event Logging Working Group of the IETF.

This is now a Proposed Standard Protocol.

STANDARDS TRACK: This document specifies an Internet standards track
protocol for the Internet community,and requests discussion and suggestions
for improvements.  Please refer to the current edition of the Internet
Official Protocol Standards (STD 1) for the standardization state and
status of this protocol.  Distribution of this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC