Subject: [Taps] RFC 8095 on Services Provided by IETF Transport Protocols and Congestion Control Mechanisms

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2017 14:18:38 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 8095

        Title:      Services Provided by IETF Transport 
                    Protocols and Congestion Control Mechanisms 
        Author:     G. Fairhurst, Ed.,
                    B. Trammell, Ed.,
                    M. Kuehlewind, Ed.
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       March 2017
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      54
        Characters: 126843
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-taps-transports-14.txt

        URL:        https://www.rfc-editor.org/info/rfc8095

        DOI:        10.17487/RFC8095

This document describes, surveys, and classifies the protocol
mechanisms provided by existing IETF protocols, as background for
determining a common set of transport services.  It examines the
Transmission Control Protocol (TCP), Multipath TCP, the Stream
Control Transmission Protocol (SCTP), the User Datagram Protocol
(UDP), UDP-Lite, the Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP), the
Internet Control Message Protocol (ICMP), the Real-Time Transport
Protocol (RTP), File Delivery over Unidirectional Transport /
Asynchronous Layered Coding (FLUTE/ALC) for Reliable Multicast, NACK-
Oriented Reliable Multicast (NORM), Transport Layer Security (TLS),
Datagram TLS (DTLS), and the Hypertext Transport Protocol (HTTP),
when HTTP is used as a pseudotransport.  This survey provides
background for the definition of transport services within the TAPS
working group.

This document is a product of the Transport Services Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  https://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/search
For downloading RFCs, see https://www.rfc-editor.org/retrieve/bulk

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC

---

From: "Aaron Falk" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2017 17:22:57 -0500

TAPS doc 1 published.  Thank you, Brian, Mirja, & Gorry!

—aaron

On 7 Mar 2017, at 17:18, [email-masked] wrote:

> _______________________________________________
> Taps mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/taps