Subject: [Taps] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-grinnemo-taps-he-03.txt

From: Anna Brunstrom <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 3 Jul 2017 22:52:01 +0200

Dear all,

We have submitted an update to the happy eyeballs draft. It aims to 
address the comments received on the previous version, and adds some 
other smaller clarifications.

Best,
Anna

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: 	New Version Notification for draft-grinnemo-taps-he-03.txt
Date: 	Mon, 3 Jul 2017 10:41:55 -0700
From: 	[email-masked]
To: 	Zdravko Bozakov <[email-masked]>, Zdravko Bozakov 
<[email-masked]>, Anna Brunstrom <[email-masked]>, Per 
Hurtig <[email-masked]>, Karl-Johan Grinnemo 
<[email-masked]>, Naeem Khademi <[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-grinnemo-taps-he-03.txt
has been successfully submitted by Karl-Johan Grinnemo and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-grinnemo-taps-he
Revision:	03
Title:		Happy Eyeballs for Transport Selection
Document date:	2017-07-03
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		10
URL:            https://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-grinnemo-taps-he-03.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-grinnemo-taps-he/
Htmlized:       https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-grinnemo-taps-he-03
Htmlized:       https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-grinnemo-taps-he-03
Diff:           https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-grinnemo-taps-he-03

Abstract:
    Ideally, network applications should be able to select an appropriate
    transport solution from among available transport solutions.
    However, at present, there is no agreed-upon way to do this.  In
    fact, there is not even an agreed-upon way for a source end host to
    determine if there is support for a particular transport along a
    network path.  This draft addresses these issues, by proposing a
    Happy Eyeballs framework.  The proposed Happy Eyeballs framework
    enables the selection of a transport solution that according to
    application requirements, pre-set policies, and estimated network
    conditions is the most appropriate one.  Additionally, the proposed
    framework makes it possible for an application to find out whether a
    particular transport is supported along a network connection towards
    a specific destination or not.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat