Subject: [Taps] Last Call: <draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-udp-05.txt> (Features of the User Datagram Protocol (UDP) and Lightweight UDP (UDP- Lite) Transport Protocols) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 13:55:43 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Services WG (taps) to
consider the following document: - 'Features of the User Datagram Protocol
(UDP) and Lightweight UDP (UDP-
   Lite) Transport Protocols'
  <draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-udp-05.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-09-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This is an informational document that describes the transport
   protocol interface primitives provided by the User Datagram Protocol
   (UDP) and the Lightweight User Datagram Protocol (UDP-Lite) transport
   protocols.  It identifies the datagram services exposed to
   applications and how an application can configure and use the
   features offered by the Internet datagram transport service.  RFCxxxx
   documents the usage of transport features provided by IETF transport
   protocols, describing the way UDP, UDP-Lite and other transport
   protocols expose their services to applications and how an
   application can configure and use the features that make up these
   services.  This document provides input to and context for that
   document, as well as offering a road map to documentation that may be
   of help to users of the UDP and UDP-Lite protocols.

   XXX RFC-Ed Note - please replace RFCxxxx with the published RFC
   number for I-D.ietf-taps-transports-usage, when these documents are
   both published XXX.

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-udp/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-udp/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.