Subject: [Taps] Last Call: <draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-08.txt> (On the Usage of Transport Features Provided by IETF Transport Protocols) to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 Aug 2017 13:55:10 -0700

The IESG has received a request from the Transport Services WG (taps) to
consider the following document: - 'On the Usage of Transport Features
Provided by IETF Transport
   Protocols'
  <draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-08.txt> as Informational RFC

The IESG plans to make a decision in the next few weeks, and solicits final
comments on this action. Please send substantive comments to the
[email-masked] mailing lists by 2017-09-14. Exceptionally, comments may be
sent to [email-masked] instead. In either case, please retain the beginning of
the Subject line to allow automated sorting.

Abstract

   This document describes how the transport protocols Transmission
   Control Protocol (TCP), MultiPath TCP (MPTCP), Stream Control
   Transmission Protocol (SCTP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP) and
   Lightweight User Datagram Protocol (UDP-Lite) expose services to
   applications and how an application can configure and use the
   features that make up these services.  It also discusses the service
   provided by the Low Extra Delay Background Transport (LEDBAT)
   congestion control mechanism.  The description results in a set of
   transport abstractions that can be exported in a TAPS API.  For UDP
   and UDP-Lite, the first step of the protocol analysis -- a discussion
   of relevant RFC text -- is documented in [FJ16].  XX RFC ED - PLEASE
   REPLACE [FJ16] WITH THE CORRECT RFC NUMBER XXX

The file can be obtained via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage/

IESG discussion can be tracked via
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage/ballot/

No IPR declarations have been submitted directly on this I-D.