Subject: [Taps] I-D Action: draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-08.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 04:56:29 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the Transport Services WG of the IETF.

        Title           : On the Usage of Transport Features Provided by IETF Transport Protocols
        Authors         : Michael Welzl
                          Michael Tuexen
                          Naeem Khademi
	Filename        : draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-08.txt
	Pages           : 50
	Date            : 2017-08-26

Abstract:
   This document describes how the transport protocols Transmission
   Control Protocol (TCP), MultiPath TCP (MPTCP), Stream Control
   Transmission Protocol (SCTP), User Datagram Protocol (UDP) and
   Lightweight User Datagram Protocol (UDP-Lite) expose services to
   applications and how an application can configure and use the
   features that make up these services.  It also discusses the service
   provided by the Low Extra Delay Background Transport (LEDBAT)
   congestion control mechanism.  The description results in a set of
   transport abstractions that can be exported in a TAPS API.  For UDP
   and UDP-Lite, the first step of the protocol analysis -- a discussion
   of relevant RFC text -- is documented in [FJ16].  XX RFC ED - PLEASE
   REPLACE [FJ16] WITH THE CORRECT RFC NUMBER XXX

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage/

There are also htmlized versions available at:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-08
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/html/draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-08

A diff from the previous version is available at:
https://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-taps-transports-usage-08

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Michael Welzl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2017 14:01:37 +0200

Dear all,

This minor update fixes a late oversight - it is a technical change, but tiny:

The draft did talk about SCTP’s “receive" call providing a “delivery number”. This is, in fact, a mistake in RFC 4960:
https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata-02#section-3.34 <https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tsvwg-rfc4960-errata-02#section-3.34>

… so, to capture this errata, we have now removed this parameter.

Cheers,
Michael

> On Aug 26, 2017, at 1:56 PM, [email-masked] wrote:
> 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> Taps mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/taps