Subject: shipping implementations w/ advanced options

From: "Eric A. Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:37:42 -0800

Apart from Microsoft, is anybody shipping a TCP stack that incorporates
any of the advanced options? In particular, am looking for products that
use the Window Scale, Timestamp and Selective Acknowledgment options.

Thanks

-- 
Eric A. Hall                                            [email-masked]
+1-650-685-0557                                    http://www.ehsco.com

---

From: [email-masked] (Sam Manthorpe)
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:47:47 -0800 (PST)

> use the Window Scale, Timestamp and Selective Acknowledgment options.

IRIX supports window scale and timestamps (as I think most people do
these days) and will soon support SACK.

-- Sam

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sam Manthorpe, SGI.  tel: (650)933-2856 fax: (650)932-2856  [email-masked]

---

From: [email-masked] (Alan Cox)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 01:47:02 +0000 (GMT)

> use the Window Scale, Timestamp and Selective Acknowledgment options.

Linux 2.1.x has window scaling, timestamp, and selective ack for both IPv4
and IPv6. The BSD's have been shipping window scaling for a very long
time. 

Alan

---

From: "Eric A. Hall" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:56:42 -0800

> Linux 2.1.x has window scaling, timestamp, and selective ack for both
> IPv4 and IPv6.

I must have old kernels. Neither RH 5.2 nor COL 1.3 do anything other
than MSS. Thanks.

---

From: Rick Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 27 Oct 1998 16:56:40 -0800

> use the Window Scale, Timestamp and Selective Acknowledgment options.

Window Scale and Timestamp functionality have been shipping for HP-UX
since patches for HP-UX 9.05. That goes back several years.

rick jones
-- 
these opinions are mine, all mine; HP might not want them anyway... :)
feel free to email, or post, but please do not do both...
my email address is raj in the cup.hp.com domain...

---

From: [email-masked] (Alan Cox)
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 02:03:32 +0000 (GMT)

> I must have old kernels. Neither RH 5.2 nor COL 1.3 do anything other

2.1.x does the lot, 2.0.x doesnt do anything funky. 2.0.x is the stable
tree until about December so vendors ship 2.0 (sensibly)

Alan

---

From: Dave Marquardt <[email-masked]>
Date: 29 Oct 1998 10:11:21 -0600

> use the Window Scale, Timestamp and Selective Acknowledgment options.

AIX has had the window scale and timestamp options for several years.

-Dave