Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tcpimpl-prob-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 11:38:23 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Implementation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: Known TCP Implementation Problems
	Author(s)	: V. Paxson, M. Allman, S. Dawson, B. Fenner, 
                          J. Griner, I. Heavens, K. Lahey, J. Semke, B. Volz
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tcpimpl-prob-05.txt
	Pages		: 63
	Date		: 09-Nov-98
	
   This memo catalogs a number of known TCP implementation problems.
   The goal in doing so is to improve conditions in the existing
   Internet by enhancing the quality of current TCP/IP implementations.
   It is hoped that both performance and correctness issues can be
   resolved by making implementors aware of the problems and their
   solutions.  In the long term, it is hoped that this will provide a
   reduction in unnecessary traffic on the network, the rate of
   connection failures due to protocol errors, and load on network
   servers due to time spent processing both unsuccessful connections
   and retransmitted data.  This will help to ensure the stability of
   the global Internet.

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tcpimpl-prob-05.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpimpl-prob-05.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpimpl-prob-05.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.