Subject: Last Call for Known Problems I-D

From: Vern Paxson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 09:43:12 PST

The -05 version of the Known TCP Implementation Problems I-D has now come
out.  Mark & I feel it's ready for publication, so we're holding a two-week
last call for any final comments, with the last call ending on Nov 24.

The main differences between this version and the -04 version are:

	- A new problem description, "Window probe deadlock", contributed
	  by Bill Fenner
	- Security Considerations section added
	- Discussion of the experimental larger initial window added
	  to the "No initial slow start" problem
	- Table of contents added

There have also been a lot of minor editing tweaks, so I'm not going to
send diffs for those to the list.  (If you'd like diffs generated by wdiff,
a word-oriented diff tool, send me mail.)

The next two messages are the new problem description and the security
considerations section, so they can be discussed in their own threads
if need be.

		Vern

ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpimpl-prob-05.txt