Subject: I-D ACTION:draft-ietf-tcpimpl-newreno-00.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 11 Nov 1998 09:47:53 -0500

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Implementation Working Group of the IETF.

	Title		: The NewReno Modification to TCP's 
                          Fast Recovery Algorithm
	Author(s)	: S. Floyd, T. Henderson
	Filename	: draft-ietf-tcpimpl-newreno-00.txt
	Pages		: 11
	Date		: 10-Nov-98
	
   RFC 2001 [RFC2001] documents the following four intertwined TCP
   congestion control algorithms: Slow Start, Congestion Avoidance, Fast
   Retransmit, and Fast Recovery.  RFC 2001-bis [RFC2001-bis] explicitly
   allows certain modifications of these algorithms, including
   modifications that use the TCP Selective Acknowledgement (SACK)
   option [MMFR96], and modifications that respond to ``partial
   acknowledgments'' (ACKs which cover new data, but not all the data
   outstanding when loss was detected) in the absence of SACK.  This
   document describes a specific algorithm for responding to partial
   acknowledgments, referred to as NewReno.  This response to partial
   acknowledgments was first proposed by Janey Hoe in [Hoe95].

Internet-Drafts are available by anonymous FTP.  Login with the username
"anonymous" and a password of your e-mail address.  After logging in,
type "cd internet-drafts" and then
	"get draft-ietf-tcpimpl-newreno-00.txt".
A URL for the Internet-Draft is:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpimpl-newreno-00.txt

Internet-Drafts directories are located at:

	Africa:	ftp.is.co.za
	
	Europe: ftp.nordu.net
		ftp.nic.it
			
	Pacific Rim: munnari.oz.au
	
	US East Coast: ftp.ietf.org
	
	US West Coast: ftp.isi.edu

Internet-Drafts are also available by mail.

Send a message to:	[email-masked].  In the body type:
	"FILE /internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpimpl-newreno-00.txt".
	
NOTE:	The mail server at ietf.org can return the document in
	MIME-encoded form by using the "mpack" utility.  To use this
	feature, insert the command "ENCODING mime" before the "FILE"
	command.  To decode the response(s), you will need "munpack" or
	a MIME-compliant mail reader.  Different MIME-compliant mail readers
	exhibit different behavior, especially when dealing with
	"multipart" MIME messages (i.e. documents which have been split
	up into multiple messages), so check your local documentation on
	how to manipulate these messages.

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.