Subject: Re: new version of TCP Congestion Control

From: Vern Paxson <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Dec 1998 00:03:20 PST

> -Changed the allowed initial window from 1*MSS to up to 2*MSS, per
>  the short discussion in Orlando.

For those of you who weren't at the meeting, this change was approved
by strong acclamation.

		Vern

---

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 1998 18:07:40 -0500

> This last sentence says that slow start ends when cwnd reaches
> rwnd.

Neal-

Thanks for pointing this out.  Depending on the implementation, cwnd
may grow well past rwnd.  Although, I think it would also be fine
for an implementation to cap cwnd growth at rwnd, as well.  In any
case, I think it is an implementation issue.  So, we are going to
to remove the language that indicates that slow start ends when rwnd
is reached and send out a new version of the document soon (and,
submit the document to the IESG).

Oh, and thanks for catching the remaining "MSS" reference.  I made
another pass and hopefully have caught all of them now.

Thanks,
allman