Subject: RE: draft agenda for Orlando tcpimpl meeting

From: Peter Ford <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 7 Dec 1998 20:48:39 -0800

Vern and Mark,

I would like to take the opportunity of the working group meeting in Orlando
to discuss the draft for 2001.bis and the value of the initial congestion
window.  

 I would like to discuss is modifying the current draft so that ICWND with
values of 1 or 2 is allowed.

	From the discussion on the tcp-impl list I  believe we had consensus
in the working group that values for ICWND of 1 or 2 would be okay.   Values
greater than 2 (e.g. 4) are considered by some to be problematic so we
decided to put larger values into RFC 2414 as experimental.

	I would appreciate a short time slot in Orlando to discuss this
subject with the working group.

	thanks, peter

> -----Original Message-----
> From:	Vern Paxson [SMTP:[email-masked]]
> Sent:	Saturday, November 28, 1998 12:30 AM
> To:	[email-masked]
> Cc:	[email-masked]; [email-masked]
> Subject:	draft agenda for Orlando tcpimpl meeting
> 
> Here's the draft agenda Mark & I have put together.  Comments/additions
> welcome, please send them as soon as possible.  (A revised agenda will
> be sent to the IETF agenda meister on Monday.)
> 
> 	1.  Agenda bashing (5 minutes)
> 	2.  Status of WG drafts:
> 	      - Known Problems, TCP Congestion Control
> 	      - NewReno I-D
> 	3.  Report on Usefulness of Documents -- Jamshid Mahdavi
> 	4.  PMTU Issues
> 
> This last is meant to be an effort to sketch out different issues with
> implementing PMTU discovery, as we're wondering if there are enough of
> these (and sufficient WG energy) to merit writing a document for them.
> 
> Also, note that this is likely to be the last tcpimpl WG meeting, with
> the group going on hiatus (though the mailing list still active) once we
> get the pending documents out.
> 
> 		Vern