Subject: INFOCOM 2000 Call For Papers

From: Fred Bauer <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 08:12:18 -0700 (PDT)

CALL  FOR  PARTICIPATION
-----------------------------------------------------------
|                                                         |
|  ###   #     # ####### #######  #####  ####### #     #  |
|   #    ##    # #       #     # #     # #     # ##   ##  |
|   #    # #   # #       #     # #       #     # # # # #  |
|   #    #  #  # #####   #     # #       #     # #  #  #  |
|   #    #   # # #       #     # #       #     # #     #  |
|   #    #    ## #       #     # #     # #     # #     #  |
|  ###   #     # #       #######  #####  ####### #     #  |
|                                                         |
|                                                         |
\             #####    ###     ###     ###               /
 \           #     #  #   #   #   #   #   #             /
  \                # #     # #     # #     #           /
   \          #####  #     # #     # #     #          /
    \        #       #     # #     # #     #         /
     \       #        #   #   #   #   #   #         /
      \      #######   ###     ###     ###         /
       \                                          /
        ------------------------------------------

		      IEEE Infocom 2000
    (Israel)  http://www.comnet.technion.ac.il/infocom2000
      (U.S.A.)  http://www.cse.ucsc.edu/~rom/infocom2000
       (Japan) http://halo.kuamp.kyoto-u.ac.jp/~infocom

               Dan Panorama Hotel, Tel Aviv, Israel
		      March 26-30, 2000

     Sponsored by the IEEE Communications and Computer Societies

VENUE
=====

For the last 18 years, Infocom has been the major conference on computer
communications and networking, bringing together researchers and
implementors of every aspect of data communications and networks
presenting the most up-to-date results and achievements in the field.

The 19th annual conference on Computer Communications, Infocom 2000,
will be held at the Dan Panorama Hotel in Tel-Aviv, Israel, during the
week of March 26-30, 2000.  Overlooking the Mediterranean, the Dan
Panorama Tel Aviv is a city hotel in a resort setting.  Just a few steps
away are fine shops, theaters, restaurants and the corporate world of
Tel Aviv, contrasted by the ancient port city of Jaffa with its
picturesque corners and flea markets for bargain hunters.  The hotel
features a large swimming pool, beach access and a fully equipped
health & fitness center including dry sauna, jacuzzi, and massage
services.

IMPORTANT DATES
===============

    Hotel reservation cut-off date*  January 24, 2000
    Early registration cut-off date  March 1, 2000
    Tutorials                        March 26-27, 2000
    Conference                       March 28-30, 2000

* Israel is expected to be crowded with tourists during the year 2000.
  Furthermore, the Pope is scheduled to visit Israel the week before 
  the conference.  Hence, it is advised to make hotel reservations for 
  the conference as soon as possible.

HOTEL RATES 
===========

Double Occupancy $157.50
Single Occupancy $139.00

Rates are per room per night and include full Israeli buffet breakfast.
The rates also include all taxes for non-israelis.
For more details consult the web pages.

REGISTRATION FEES
=================

Registration fees for an IEEE member prior to March 1, 2000 will be $500
and it will include all technical sessions, open receptions, proceedings
(CD) and three lunches. For other fees consult the web pages.
         -------------

SCOPE
=====

Original papers and panel discussions describing state-of-the-art
research and development in all areas of computer networking and data
communications will be presented.  Topics of interest include:

Active Networks                  	Network Management and Control
BISDN and ATM                    	Network Reliability
Billing and Pricing              	Network Restoration
Congestion and Admission Control 	Network Signaling
Distributed Network Algorithms   	Network Standards
High-Speed Network Protocols     	Network and Protocol Performance
Integrated Control of Networks   	Optical Networks
Intelligent Networks             	Personal Communications Systems
Internet                         	Photonic Switching
Internetworking                  	Protocol Design and Analysis
Lightwave Networks               	Quality of Service
Mobility                         	Routing and Routing Protocols
Multicast/Broadcast Algorithms   	Security and Privacy
Multimedia Protocols             	Switch Architectures
Multimedia Terminals and Systems 	Testbeds and Measurements
Multiple Access                         Traffic Management and Control
Network Architectures            	Video Networking
Network Design and Planning      	Wireless Networks and Protocols

KEYNOTE SPEAKER
===============

Prof. Leonard Kleinrock, Chairman, Nomadix, Inc.

TUTORIALS
=========

Full Day
--------
- Wavelength-routing optical networks (Kumar Sivarajan, Indian Institute 
							     of Science)
- The evolution of QoS in the Internet standards community (Jon Crowcroft,
                                                   University College London)
- Overview of network security (Radia Perlman, Sun Microsystems)
- Traffic management (Khosrow Sohraby, University of Missouri, Kansas City)

Half Day
--------
- MPLS (Loa Anderson, Nortel Networks)
- Advanced Ethernet technology (Donno Van-Mirop, IBM Israel)
- Satellite IP networking (Catherine Rosenberg, Purdue University)
- IP Multicast: past, present and future (Radia Perlman, Sun
                                    Microsystems & Christophe Diot, Sprint)
- Mobile IP: adding mobility to the Internet (Charles Perkins, Nokia Research)

TRAVEL GRANTS
=============

Limited travel assistance to students, post-docs and junior faculty for
defraying some of the costs of presenting a paper in the conference
will be available. Please refer to the conference web sites for
further details later this year.

QUESTIONS?
===========================

Write to 
[email-masked]]