Subject: [tcpm] Draft minutes and presentations from Korea

From: Ted Faber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 2004 11:36:32 -0800

The draft minutes from the tcpm meeting at the 59th IETF in Korea are
attached.  Please send comments or corrections to either the list or
Mark and myself.

The minutes are also available from http://www.isi.edu/tcpm/ along with
copies of the presentations.

-- 
Ted Faber
http://www.isi.edu/~faber           PGP: http://www.isi.edu/~faber/pubkeys.asc
Unexpected attachment on this mail? See http://www.isi.edu/~faber/FAQ.html#SIG

---

From: "Armando L. Caro Jr." <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:23:13 -0500 (EST)

> Draft Minutes as of 8 Mar 2004

<snip>

>  Ted mentioned that there's a discussion on e2e about a TCP consolidation
>  document.  Ted is not clear on the difference between what they're
>  asking for and a roadmap, and Ted would rather see that energy in the
>  roadmap.

<snip>

>  Congestion Control
>	Update 2581  (back to PS?)
>		merge 3390 (initial cwnd)
>		merge 3042 (limited transmit)
>		merge 2582 (Reno bugfix/NewReno)
>		merge 3465 (App. Byte Count security)

These merges are basically what we had in mind with the consolidation
document.

~armando

0--                                              --0
| Armando L. Caro Jr.  |  Protocol Engineering Lab |
| www.armandocaro.net  |    University of Delaware |
0--                                              --0

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm

---

From: Ted Faber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 13:43:08 -0800

> These merges are basically what we had in mind with the consolidation

I'm *hoping* that means that there's a core group of people interested
in working on an update of RFC2581 (2581bis) document.  If that's so,
it seems like TCPM would be the place to start working on it.

What can I do to encourage such an effort?

---

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 17:03:23 -0500

> What can I do to encourage such an effort?

This in on my plate, actually.  (And, has been.)  There is an old, but I
think good, plan of attack.  I'll try to throw it out and let everyone
kick it soon.

(Maybe it'd be nice if the co-chairs actually chatted every once in a
while. :-)

allman

--
Mark Allman -- ICIR -- http://www.icir.org/mallman/

---

From: Ted Faber <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 2004 14:22:00 -0800

> (Maybe it'd be nice if the co-chairs actually chatted every once in a

Sounds like I can encourage such an effort by occasionally accidentally
starting a parallel one. :-)

I'm happy to stay out of the way while you compose the 2581 update and
let these guys join in the evaluation of it when it apprears.

Sorry for sending mixed messages.

---

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 09 Mar 2004 20:30:05 -0500

> Sounds like I can encourage such an effort by occasionally
> accidentally starting a parallel one. :-)

Right.  I'd like to say I mentioned this potential effort to you early
on.  But, I am sure it slipped my mind.  Sorry!

allman