Subject: Re: [tcpm] TCP duplicate ACK definition and detection, RFC 2581

From: Ethan Blanton <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 21:39:34 -0500

Jian Liu spake unto us the following wisdom:
> Summary: duplicate ACK detection is not documented in any ACK; BSD4.4
> (documented in "TCP/IP Illustrated Volume 2 The implementation") may
> not detect duplicate ACK if the traffice is bi-directional; propose a
> simple modification on reseting duplicate ACK count to reliably detect
> 3 duplicate ACK that triggers fast retransmit and fast recovery.

This is well-defined in the next rev of RFC2581.  Announcement
forthcoming...

Ethan

-- 
The laws that forbid the carrying of arms are laws [that have no remedy
for evils].  They disarm only those who are neither inclined nor
determined to commit crimes.
		-- Cesare Beccaria, "On Crimes and Punishments", 1764
_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm