Subject: [tcpm] draft-ietf-tcpm-ecnsyn-00

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 11:34:40 -0800

I have submitted draft-ietf-tcpm-ecnsyn-00.txt to the internet-drafts
editor, replacing draft-ietf-tsvwg-ecnsyn-00.txt.
A copy is available at:
  http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-ietf-tcpm-ecnsyn-00.txt
  http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-ietf-tcpm-ecnsyn-00.ps

The changes are as follows:

   Changes from draft-ietf-twvsg-ecnsyn:

   * Changed name of draft to draft-ietf-tcpm-ecnsyn.

   * Added a discussion in Section 3 of "Response to
     ECN-marking of SYN/ACK packets".  Based on
     suggestions from Mark Allman.

   * Added a discussion to the Conclusions about adding
     ECN-capability to relevant set-up packets in other
     protocols.  From a suggestion from Wesley Eddy.

   * Added a description of SYN exchanges with SYN cookies.
     From a suggestion from Wesley Eddy.

   * Added a discussion of one-way data transfers, where the
     host sending the SYN/ACK packet sends no data packets.

   * Minor editing, from feedback from Mark Allman and Janardhan
     Iyengar.

   * Future work: a look at the costs of adding
     ECN-Capability in a worst-case scenario.
     From feedback from Mark Allman and Janardhan Iyengar.

   * Future work: a comparative evaluation of two
     possible responses to an ECN-marked SYN/ACK packet.

Many thanks for the feedback so far!

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm