Subject: [tcpm] Please comment: TCP Response to Lower-Layer Connectivity-Change Indications

From: "Simon Schuetz" <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 14 May 2007 16:47:42 +0200

Hi,

Before the last IETF we submitted an update to the draft below and presented it at the TCPM meeting in Prag.

We'd be happy to receive your comments for preparing the next update.

Thanks,
Simon

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts 
directories.

	Title		: TCP Response to Lower-Layer Connectivity-Change Indications
	Author(s)	: S. Schuetz, et al.
	Filename	: draft-schuetz-tcpm-tcp-rlci-01.txt
	Pages		: 26
	Date		: 2007-3-7
	
When the path characteristics between two hosts change abruptly, TCP
   can experience significant delays before resuming transmission in an
   efficient manner or TCP can behave unfairly to competing traffic.
   This document describes TCP extensions that improve transmission
   behavior in response to advisory, lower-layer connectivity-change
   indications.  The proposed TCP extensions modify the local behavior
   of TCP and introduce a new TCP option to signal locally received
   connectivity-change indications to remote peers.  Performance gains
   result from a more efficient transmission behavior and there is no
   difference in aggressiveness in comparison to a freshly-started
   connection.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-schuetz-tcpm-tcp-rlci-01.txt

=============================
Simon Schütz
NEC Europe Ltd.
Network Laboratories

Kurfuersten-Anlage 36
69115 Heidelberg
Germany

Phone: +49 6221 4342-165
Fax:   +49 6221 4342-155
=============================

NEC Europe Limited | Registered Office: NEC House, 1 Victoria Road, London W3 6BL | Registered in England 2832014

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm