Subject: [tcpm] Document Action: 'TCP SYN Flooding Attacks and Common Mitigations' to Informational RFC

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 31 May 2007 10:07:00 -0400

The IESG has approved the following document:

- 'TCP SYN Flooding Attacks and Common Mitigations '
   <draft-ietf-tcpm-syn-flood-05.txt> as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions 
Working Group. 

The IESG contact persons are Lars Eggert and Magnus Westerlund.

A URL of this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-syn-flood-05.txt

Technical Summary
 
   This document describes TCP SYN flooding attacks, which have been
   well-known to the community for several years.  Various
   countermeasures against these attacks, and the trade-offs of each,
   are described.  This document archives explanations of the attack
   and common defense techniques for the benefit of TCP implementers
   and administrators of TCP servers or networks.
 
Working Group Summary
 
   The consensus within the TCPM WG to publish this document as an
   informational RFC is strong.
 
Protocol Quality
 
   This document details several techniques that have been used in TCP
   implementations for many years.  The technology discussed in this
   document is not new, but rather this document is helping the
   RFC-series "catch up" with common practice and details experience
   with several mechanisms.

Personnel

   The document shepherd for this document is Mark Allman (TCPM
   co-chair).  The responsible AD is Lars Eggert.

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm