Subject: [tcpm] Adding Acknowledgement Congestion Control to TCP

From: Sally Floyd <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Jun 2007 14:11:38 -0700

I have just submitted a revised internet-draft for "Adding 
Acknowledgement
Congestion Control to TCP", available from
"http://www.icir.org/floyd/papers/draft-floyd-tcpm-ackcc-01.txt".

The revisions, listed below, are based largely on feedback
from Armando Caro and Mark Allman.  Further feedback
would be welcome.

To the TCPM co-chairs:
Can we have a slot at the July IETF to talk about this?
I would probably be the presenter.

The goal is for this to be taken up as a WG item for
consideration as an Experimental RFC.

- Sally
http://www.icir.org/floyd/

    Changes from draft-floyd-tcpm-ackcc-00.txt:

    * Added a discussion of environments where the reverse path
      is congested, but the TCP ACK traffic does not significantly
      contribute to that congestion.  In this case, the goal is
      to minimize the negative impack of AckCC on TCP performance.
      Feedback from Armando Caro.

    * In Section 5.7, added that when ABC is used with Aggregate
      Congestion Control, and rate-based pacing is also used, the sender
      MAY increase cwnd by more than 2 MSS.
      Feedback from Armando Caro.

    * Added a section about measurements of ACK traffic and congestion.
      Feedback from Armando Caro.

    * Added a section on the possibility of a TCP receiver-imposed
      lower bound on the ACK Ratio.  Suggested by Mark Allman.

    * Added to the discussion of the mimumum ACK sending rate.
      Suggested by Mark Allman.

    * Added a note that if the TCP receiver doesn't sent an ACK for
      every duplicate data packet, the sender's Fast Recovery
      procedure will have to be modified to take this into
      account.  Feedback from Mark Allman.

    * Added a discussion of evaluating ACK Congestion Control.
      From feedback from Mark Allman.

    * Some general editing in response to feedback from Mark Allman.

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm