Subject: [tcpm] early retransmit --- one more time

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 12:59:38 -0400

Folks-

We rev-ed (but didn't change) the early retransmit I-D.  We have asked
for agenda time in TCPM on this topic, but it is not clear that we'll
get it.  Regardless, this is really our last plea for folks to look at
this and let us know if it is worth pursuing.  A long while ago it had a
bit of steam behind it, but from the lack of response it seems that
people don't care about this problem or this solution to it anymore.
That is fine.  If there is no support we're happy to drop it.  The draft
is:

  Mark Allman, Konstantin Avrachenkov, Urtzi Ayesta, Josh Blanton.  Early
  Retransmit for TCP and SCTP, June 2007. Internet-Draft
  draft-allman-tcp-early-rexmt-05.txt (work in progress). 
  http://www.icir.org/mallman/papers/draft-allman-tcp-early-rexmt-05.txt

Comments on the list, off the list, or in Chicago (perhaps in the TCPM
meeting, certainly in the hallway) are all fine.

Thanks,
allman

-- 
Mark Allman -- ICIR/ICSI -- http://www.icir.org/mallman/

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www1.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm

---

From: Andre Oppermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 02 Jul 2007 19:21:54 +0200

> meeting, certainly in the hallway) are all fine.

I think it is worthwhile to continue with this proposal.  The rationale
seems to sound but may need updated real world data.

-- 
Andre

[email-masked]