Subject: [tcpm] New Internet Draft: draft-zimmermann-tcp-lcd-00

From: Alexander Zimmermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 2009 13:14:13 +0100

A new version of an I-D has been posted on the IETF web site.

http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-zimmermann-tcp-lcd-00.txt

Filename:	 draft-zimmermann-tcp-lcd
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Make TCP more Robust to Long Connectivity Disruptions
WG ID:		 Independent Submission

Abstract:
TCP was designed with fixed, wired networks in mind.  As a result TCP
performs suboptimal in networks where connectivity disruptions are
frequent, e.g., in wireless (multi-hop) networks.  One reason for the
performance degradation is TCP's over-conservative behavior in face
of long connectivity disruptions.

This document describes how connectivity disruption indications
provided by standard ICMP messages may be exploited to improve TCP's
performance.  An RTO revert strategy is proposed that enables earlier
detection of whether connectivity to a previously disconnected peer
node has been restored or not.  The scheme is a sender only
modification which fully respects the TCP congestion control
principles.

Comments are welcome.

Alexander Zimmermann
_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm