Subject: Re: [tcpm] draft-allman-tcp-early-rexmt-07

From: Mark Allman <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 2009 16:11:08 -0500

Alex-

> on page 4 of aforementioned draft you introduce the variable "ownd".
> According to 2581bis (and also other drafts/RFCs), it seems to me to
> better use the variable "FightSize". It's not a big deal, however I
> thing it is a little bit more consistent.

Thanks for the comment.  One reason to not use the same language is that
"ownd" is not always exactly the same as FlightSize.  When doing
byte-based ER it is, however, when doing packet-based ER it is actually
a packet count.  So, if there are no huge objections I'd prefer to stick
with the current language and add a note to the document that ownd is
the equivalent of FlightSize in the byte-based case.  Reasonable?

Thanks!

allman

_______________________________________________
tcpm mailing list
[email-masked]
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm