Subject: [tcpm] FW: Wes - in re: The GONT draft on TCP Security should be advanced -I Agree

From: "Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-MS00)[Verizon]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 15:33:26 -0500

FYI - I received this off-list, but with the request to forward
it to TCPM ...

---------------------------
Wes Eddy
Network & Systems Architect
Verizon FNS / NASA GRC
Office: (216) 433-6682
---------------------------

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Todd Glassey CISM CIFI [mailto:[email-masked]]
>Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 11:45 AM
>To: [email-masked]; [email-masked]
>Subject: Wes - in re: The GONT draft on TCP Security should be advanced
>-I Agree
>
>Wes/David
>
>http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/tcpm/current/msg04641.html
>
>the TCP Security Draft is very important and will come to fill a unique
>niche requirement for creating an anchoring document to leverage
>controls against in the Audit Community and InfoSec auditor's world and
>as such this document has the potential to become a mainstay of the
>Audit world as well by referring to the expertise of the IETF in its
>review and assessment of TCP itself.
>
>Additionally one needs to be done specifically for UDP and the protocols
>which rely on it, but that's another issue all together.
>
>How I would approach this it to split the project into pieces (vertical
>silos) and have each silo create a set of deliverables. Because of the
>size of this project I would take it on with the following proviso -
>that being that if the project stalls it will be shelved and taken off
>the WG's  agenda.
>
>What I think is that there are parts of the standard-analysis which are
>important to varying communities and they will rally to provide those
>engineering resources to the WG to accomplish the vetting necessary to
>advance this effort.
>
>Todd Glassey, General Troublemaker