Subject: Re: [tcpm] poll for adopting draft-gont-tcp-security

From: [email-masked] (Christos Zoulas)
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 12:15:08 -0400

Hello,

I just finished reading this thread, and my conclusion is that
Fernando Gonts document draft-gont-tcp-security should be adopted
as a work item for TCPM.  Any document this size is bound to have
flaws and corrections and adjustments will be necessary. I cannot
think of a more qualified group of people to work on this document,
and I think it will be time well spent.

Best Regards,

christos

---

From: "Eddy, Wesley M. (GRC-MS00)[Verizon]" <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 30 Jun 2009 16:04:45 -0500

Hi Christos, I had to approve this email from the moderator
queue, so I'm guessing you're not on the TCPM mailing list?
Thanks for your comments; here is one point that I need to
raise, not particularly in response to your mail, but
collectively to several similar mails that have come in to
me from people external to the TCPM list:

Remember, we're a volunteer organization  ... As the TCPM
chairs, trying to gauge *working group* support sufficient
to both adopt the work and complete it, it's worth a lot
more to have people that are committing to be "in" the
working group (i.e subscribed to the mailing list), and to
say they'll review, add to, or otherwise provide inputs on
the draft content.  For all the external folks who are
trying to weigh in on this, but not on the list, I encourage
you to join first:
https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm
We'll really appreciate inputs on this and other working
group items.

It should be understood that since we're a volunteer
organization, we can't just throw people and money at a
task ... people have to throw themselves at it and we
provide an avenue for them to work together with the
mailing list and working group meetings :).

---------------------------
Wes Eddy
Network & Systems Architect
Verizon FNS / NASA GRC
Office: (216) 433-6682
---------------------------

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [email-masked] [mailto:[email-masked]] On Behalf Of
>Christos Zoulas
>Sent: Tuesday, June 30, 2009 12:15 PM
>To: [email-masked]
>Cc: [email-masked]
>Subject: Re: [tcpm] poll for adopting draft-gont-tcp-security
>
>
>Hello,
>
>_______________________________________________
>tcpm mailing list
>[email-masked]
>https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm