Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action:draft-ietf-tcpm-urgent-data-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 26 Nov 2009 12:30:01 -0800 (PST)

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : On the implementation of the TCP urgent mechanism
	Author(s)       : F. Gont, A. Yourtchenko
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-urgent-data-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2009-11-26

This document analyzes how current TCP implementations process TCP
urgent indications, and how the behavior of some widely-deployed
middle-boxes affect how urgent indications are processed by end
systems.  This document updates the relevant specifications such that
they accommodate current practice in processing TCP urgent
indications, provides advice to applications that make use of the
urgent mechanism, and raises awareness about the reliability of TCP
urgent indications in the current Internet.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-urgent-data-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

Below is the data which will enable a MIME compliant mail reader
implementation to automatically retrieve the ASCII version of the
Internet-Draft.