Subject: [tcpm] Document Action: 'Moving the Undeployed TCP Extensions RFC1072, RFC1106, RFC1110, RFC1145, RFC1146, RFC1379, RFC1644 and RFC1693 to Historic Status' to Informational RFC (draft-eggert-tcpm-historicize-02.txt)

From: The IESG <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 10:07:46 -0700

The IESG has approved the following document:
- 'Moving the Undeployed TCP Extensions RFC1072, RFC1106, RFC1110,
   RFC1145, RFC1146, RFC1379, RFC1644 and RFC1693 to Historic Status'
  (draft-eggert-tcpm-historicize-02.txt) as an Informational RFC

This document is the product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions
Working Group.

The IESG contact persons are David Harrington and Lars Eggert.

A URL of this Internet Draft is:
http://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-eggert-tcpm-historicize/

Technical Summary

   This document recommends that several TCP extensions that have never
   seen widespread use be moved to Historic status.  The affected RFCs
   are RFC1072, RFC1106, RFC1110, RFC1145, RFC1146, RFC1379,
   RFC1644 and RFC1693.

Working Group Summary

  There was debate about whether RFC1263 should be included in this document
  because it is not an extension; it is an Informational document that describes an
  architectural approach that the TCP community chose not to follow. RFC1263 has been
  removed from the list of documents to be declared Historic.

  There was debate about whether the Alternate Checksum option should be removed
  from this document. It was decided to keep this item in the list.

Document Quality

  This document declares certain features historic because they have not been widely
   implemented.
  
Personnel

   Who is the Document Shepherd for this document? Wesley Eddy ([email-masked]) 
   Who is the Responsible Area Director? David Harrington

RFC Editor Note

  A reference pointer to additional research will be added by Lars prior to ietf80.