Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-option-00.txt

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 19:01:48 +0100

Hi again,

we also have a really short draft describing a possible TCP Option for 
accurate ECN feedback. We see this an extension to a header based scheme, as 
this solution could probably face deployment problem and need a lot more 
header space.

Anyway, the draft below!

Mirja

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-option-00.txt
Date: Monday 24 October 2011, 18:26:39
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-option-00.txt has 
been successfully submitted by Mirja Kuehlewind and posted to the IETF 
repository.

Filename:	 draft-kuehlewind-tcpm-accurate-ecn-option
Revision:	 00
Title:		 Accurate ECN Feedback Option in TCP
Creation date:	 2011-10-24
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 7

Abstract:
   This document specifies an TCP option to get accurate Explicit
   Congestion Notification (ECN) feedback from the receiver.  ECN is an
   IP/TCP mechanism where network nodes can mark IP packets instead of
   dropping them to indicate congestion to the end-points.  An ECN-
   capable receiver will feedback this information to the sender.  ECN
   is specified for TCP in such a way that only one feedback signal can
   be transmitted per Round-Trip Time (RTT).  Recently new TCP
   mechanisms like ConEx or DCTCP need more accurate feedback
   information in the case where more than one marking is received in
   one RTT.  This TCP extension can be used in addition to the classic
   ECN as well as with a more accurate ECN scheme recently proposed
   which reuses the ECN bit in the TCP header.

The IETF Secretariat

-------------------------------------------------------

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dipl.-Ing. Mirja Kühlewind
Institute of Communication Networks and Computer Engineering (IKR)
University of Stuttgart, Germany
Pfaffenwaldring 47, D-70569 Stuttgart

tel: +49(0)711/685-67973
email: [email-masked]
web: www.ikr.uni-stuttgart.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------