Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-kuehlewind-conex-accurate-ecn-01.txt

From: Mirja Kuehlewind <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 2 Nov 2011 18:58:30 +0100

Hi tcpm list,

I'm working in the ConEx (congestion exposure) w-g. The congestion information 
we want to expose to the network are based on loss and ECN. For this purpose 
we would need a better ECN feedback information, than at max one feedback 
signal per RTT as ECN is providing right now. Therefore we propose several 
solutions to extend ECN to provide a more accurate feedback in the draft 
below.

At the last ConEx meeting, we decided that the more appropriate environment 
for this draft probably is the tcpm group. I would be happy to get feedback 
from you and I will present an overview on the upcoming meeting.

Mirja

----------  Forwarded Message  ----------

Subject: New Version Notification for 
draft-kuehlewind-conex-accurate-ecn-01.txt
Date: Monday 31 October 2011, 12:54:46
From: [email-masked]
To: [email-masked]
CC: [email-masked], [email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-kuehlewind-conex-accurate-ecn-01.txt has been 
successfully submitted by Mirja Kuehlewind and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:	 draft-kuehlewind-conex-accurate-ecn
Revision:	 01
Title:		 Accurate ECN Feedback in TCP
Creation date:	 2011-10-31
WG ID:		 Individual Submission
Number of pages: 23

Abstract:
   Explicit Congestion Notification (ECN) is an IP/TCP mechanism where
   network nodes can mark IP packets instead of dropping them to
   indicate congestion to the end-points.  An ECN-capable receiver will
   feedback this information to the sender.  ECN is specified for TCP in
   such a way that only one feedback signal can be transmitted per
   Round-Trip Time (RTT).  Recently new TCP mechanisms like ConEx or
   DCTCP need more accurate feedback information in the case where more
   than one marking is received in one RTT.

The IETF Secretariat

-------------------------------------------------------

-- 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Dipl.-Ing. Mirja Kühlewind
Institute of Communication Networks and Computer Engineering (IKR)
University of Stuttgart, Germany
Pfaffenwaldring 47, D-70569 Stuttgart

tel: +49(0)711/685-67973
email: [email-masked]
web: www.ikr.uni-stuttgart.de
-------------------------------------------------------------------