Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc1948bis-02.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Fri, 16 Dec 2011 13:49:11 -0800

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories. This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Defending Against Sequence Number Attacks
	Author(s)       : Fernando Gont
                          Steven M. Bellovin
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc1948bis-02.txt
	Pages           : 13
	Date            : 2011-12-16

   This document specifies an algorithm for the generation of TCP
   Initial Sequence Numbers (ISNs), such that the chances of an off-path
   attacker guessing the sequence numbers in use by a target connection
   are reduced.  This document revises (and formally obsoletes) RFC
   1948, and takes the ISN generation algorithm originally proposed in
   that document to Standards Track, formally updating RFC 793.

A URL for this Internet-Draft is:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc1948bis-02.txt

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

This Internet-Draft can be retrieved at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-ietf-tcpm-rfc1948bis-02.txt