Subject: [tcpm] RFC 6429 on TCP Sender Clarification for Persist Condition

From: [email-masked]
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 12:08:11 -0800 (PST)

A new Request for Comments is now available in online RFC libraries.

        RFC 6429

        Title:      TCP Sender Clarification for Persist 
                    Condition 
        Author:     M. Bashyam, M. Jethanandani,
                    A. Ramaiah
        Status:     Informational
        Stream:     IETF
        Date:       December 2011
        Mailbox:    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked], 
                    [email-masked]
        Pages:      7
        Characters: 14280
        Updates/Obsoletes/SeeAlso:   None

        I-D Tag:    draft-ietf-tcpm-persist-07.txt

        URL:        http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc/rfc6429.txt

This document clarifies the Zero Window Probes (ZWPs) described in
RFC 1122 ("Requirements for Internet Hosts -- Communication Layers").
In particular, it clarifies the actions that can be taken on
connections that are experiencing the ZWP condition.  Rather than
making a change to the standard, this document clarifies what has
been until now a misinterpretation of the standard as specified in
RFC 1122.  This document is not an Internet Standards Track 
specification; it is published for informational purposes.

This document is a product of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

INFORMATIONAL: This memo provides information for the Internet community.
It does not specify an Internet standard of any kind. Distribution of
this memo is unlimited.

This announcement is sent to the IETF-Announce and rfc-dist lists.
To subscribe or unsubscribe, see
  http://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/ietf-announce
  http://mailman.rfc-editor.org/mailman/listinfo/rfc-dist

For searching the RFC series, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfcsearch.html.
For downloading RFCs, see http://www.rfc-editor.org/rfc.html.

Requests for special distribution should be addressed to either the
author of the RFC in question, or to [email-masked].  Unless
specifically noted otherwise on the RFC itself, all RFCs are for
unlimited distribution.

The RFC Editor Team
Association Management Solutions, LLC