Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-cheng-tcpm-fastopen-02.txt

From: Jerry Chu <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 8 Dec 2011 00:17:48 -0800

The main change is a new section 8 discussing TFO's Applicability. This
hopefully answers some questions raised by Joe Touch and others on
TFO vs P-HTTP, short vs long lived connections, TFO's potential benefit
and its limitation,..., etc. Comments are welcome.

Thanks,

Jerry

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, Dec 8, 2011 at 12:07 AM
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-cheng-tcpm-fastopen-02.txt
To: [email-masked]
Cc: [email-masked], [email-masked], [email-masked],
[email-masked]

A new version of I-D, draft-cheng-tcpm-fastopen-02.txt has been
successfully submitted by Jerry Chu and posted to the IETF repository.

Filename:        draft-cheng-tcpm-fastopen
Revision:        02
Title:           TCP Fast Open
Creation date:   2011-12-08
WG ID:           Individual Submission
Number of pages: 21

Abstract:
  TCP Fast Open (TFO) allows data to be carried in the SYN and SYN-ACK
  packets and consumed by the receiving end during the initial
  connection handshake, thus providing a saving of up to one full round
  trip time (RTT) compared to standard TCP requiring a three-way
  handshake (3WHS) to complete before data can be exchanged.

Terminology

The IETF Secretariat