Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options-05.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 11:36:34 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : Shared Use of Experimental TCP Options
	Author(s)       : Joe Touch
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options-05.txt
	Pages           : 12
	Date            : 2013-03-13

Abstract:
   This document describes how the experimental TCP option codepoints
   can concurrently support multiple TCP extensions, even within the
   same connection. It uses a new IANA TCP experiment identifier, and
   is also robust to experiments that are not registered and those that
   do not use this sharing mechanism. It is recommended for all new TCP
   options that use these codepoints.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options-05

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-experimental-options-05

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Yuchung Cheng <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 12:50:27 -0700

I-D looks fine to me except one question: is ExID unique across 254
and 253? i.e., do 254-0xf989 and 253-0xf989 both mean Fast Open
(currently uses 253-0xf989)?

On Wed, Mar 13, 2013 at 11:36 AM,  <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm

---

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Mar 2013 13:55:56 -0700

Hi, Yuchung,

> (currently uses 253-0xf989)?

Yes. The ExID would be for either or both TCP experimental option numbers.

Joe