Subject: [tcpm] I-D Action: draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-01.txt

From: [email-masked]
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 01:36:18 -0700

A New Internet-Draft is available from the on-line Internet-Drafts directories.
 This draft is a work item of the TCP Maintenance and Minor Extensions Working Group of the IETF.

	Title           : TCP and SCTP RTO Restart
	Author(s)       : Per Hurtig
                          Anna Brunstrom
                          Andreas Petlund
                          Michael Welzl
	Filename        : draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-01.txt
	Pages           : 11
	Date            : 2013-09-17

Abstract:
   This document describes a modified algorithm for managing the TCP and
   SCTP retransmission timers that provides faster loss recovery when
   there is a small amount of outstanding data for a connection.  The
   modification allows the transport to restart its retransmission timer
   more aggressively in situations where fast retransmit cannot be used.
   This enables faster loss detection and recovery for connections that
   are short-lived or application-limited.

The IETF datatracker status page for this draft is:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart

There's also a htmlized version available at:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-01

A diff from the previous version is available at:
http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-ietf-tcpm-rtorestart-01

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

Internet-Drafts are also available by anonymous FTP at:
ftp://ftp.ietf.org/internet-drafts/

---

From: Per Hurtig <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2013 10:44:26 +0200

Hi all,

A revised draft of the RTO restart mechanism has just been submitted
with the details, below.

The main changes between this and previous drafts are:

* Improved wording throughout the document.

* Removed the possibility for a connection limited by the receiver's
advertised window to use RTO restart, decreasing the risk of spurious
timeouts.

* A new section that discusses the applicability of and problems related
to the RTO restart mechanism.

* Updates to the text that describe RTO restart's relation to TLP.

* Acknowledgments added.

We're happy to receive any feedback!

Per

On 09/17/2013 10:36 AM, [email-masked] wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm
> 

-- 
Per Hurtig, PhD                Tel: +46 (0) 54 700 2335
Datavetenskap                  Kontor: 21F-422 (Hus Vanern)
Karlstads universitet          PGP 0x8C4FFCF6
SE-651 88 Karlstad             http://www.kau.se/forskare/per-hurtig