Subject: [tcpm] Fwd: New Version Notification for draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-edo-02.txt

From: Joe Touch <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 14:41:04 -0700

Hi, all,

I've updated the doc to include some of the ideas suggested (checksum, 
DO=0) as issues to be discussed, including some ratinonale, as well as 
implementation issues like keeping data and options separate in the TCP API.

My view is that these details can be considered and consensus reached in 
the WG, but there seems to be a reasonable path (or paths) forward 
either way, AFAICT.

Joe

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: New Version Notification for draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-edo-02.txt
Date: Mon, 05 May 2014 13:47:27 -0700
From: [email-masked]
To: Wesley M. Eddy <[email-masked]>,        Dr. Joseph D. Touch 
<[email-masked]>, Joe Touch <[email-masked]>,        Wesley Eddy 
<[email-masked]>

A new version of I-D, draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-edo-02.txt
has been successfully submitted by Joe Touch and posted to the
IETF repository.

Name:		draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-edo
Revision:	02
Title:		TCP Extended Data Offset Option
Document date:	2014-05-05
Group:		Individual Submission
Pages:		12
URL: 
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-edo-02.txt
Status:         https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-edo/
Htmlized:       http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-edo-02
Diff:           http://www.ietf.org/rfcdiff?url2=draft-touch-tcpm-tcp-edo-02

Abstract:
    TCP segments include a Data Offset field to indicate space for TCP
    options, but the size of the field can limit the space available for
    complex options that have evolved. This document updates RFC 793
    with an optional TCP extension to that space and explains why such
    extensions cannot be used in the initial SYN of a connection.

Please note that it may take a couple of minutes from the time of submission
until the htmlized version and diff are available at tools.ietf.org.

The IETF Secretariat