Subject: [tcpm] sequence number validation?

From: Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Aug 2014 09:05:33 -0400

I'm curious about the working group status of:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gont-tcpm-tcp-seq-validation-01

It seems quite obvious to me that it should be adopted.

Since this should be fairly quick to take care of, and is one
of the open issues with RFC 793, I'd like to see it adopted,
finished off relatively quickly, and then incorporated into the
793bis work.

To that end, I'll happily contribute reviews or any other support
needed.

-- 
Wes Eddy
MTI Systems

---

From: Yoshifumi Nishida <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2014 00:37:26 -0700

Hi Wes,
I agree the problem described in the draft,
However, I'm not very sure we can take care of it quickly.
There seems to be some solutions in the wild as the problem has
existed for long time.

If this draft will be incorporated into 793bis work, it should be a
single solution.
I think we should check other existing solutions (at least major OSs)
to see if there's any differences or conflicts.
Also, I would like to know if the solution in the draft have some
implementation experiences.

Thanks,
--
Yoshi

On Tue, Aug 12, 2014 at 6:05 AM, Wesley Eddy <[email-masked]> wrote:
> _______________________________________________
> tcpm mailing list
> [email-masked]
> https://www.ietf.org/mailman/listinfo/tcpm