Subject: [tcpm] New Version notification for draft-sallantin-tcpm-initial-spreading-00.txt

From: renaud sallantin <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 28 Oct 2014 13:59:05 +0100

Dear all,

The following document replaces the draft we proposed in the frame of ICCRG
(draft-sallantin-iccrg-initial-spreading-01
<https://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sallantin-iccrg-initial-spreading-01> :
http://www.ietf.org/proceedings/89/slides/slides-89-iccrg-1.pdf)

Following points have been updated to take your comments into
considerations:

   - A more accurate function of spacing to improve Initial Spreading
   performance in any cases.
   -

   An implementation that does not rely on Jiffy

URL:
http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-sallantin-tcpm-initial-spreading-00.txt
Status:
https://datatracker.ietf.org/doc/draft-sallantin-tcpm-initial-spreading/
Htmlized:
http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-sallantin-tcpm-initial-spreading-00

Simulations (via NS2), experiments on Linux kernel and even an analytic
model have been realized to refine our mechanism, and two papers have been
presented in the last LCN conferences. A new patch will soon be available
and post on this list.

Sallantin, R.; Baudoin, C.; Chaput, E.; Arnal, F.; Dubois, E.; Beylot,
A.-L., "Initial spreading: A fast Start-Up TCP mechanism," Local Computer
Networks (LCN), 2013 IEEE 38th Conference on , vol., no., pp.492,499, 21-24
Oct. 2013

Sallantin, R; Baudoin, C; Chaput,E; Arnal, F; Dubois,E; Beylot, A, "A TCP
model for short-lived flows to validate initial spreading," Local Computer
Networks (LCN), 2014 IEEE 39th Conference on , vol., no., pp.177,184, 8-11
Sept. 2014

To conclude, we share the same concern about optimizing the IW transmission
as discussed in "draft-you-tcpm-configuring-tcp-initial-window" and related
mail exchanges. We are also convinced that using the information that can
be learned about the connection characteristics is critical to ensure the
best start.
However, ,instead of considerations on the flow size, we use the initial
RTT measurement to improve the IW transmission.

We would like to receive your feedback,

Best regards,
Renaud Sallantin